1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any experience with Allstate Drive-Ins

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MGH-PA, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jan 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    MGH-PA

MGH-PA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northcentral, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD AC 4x4
    265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bestop
    Long story short, I was in my first accident last night...with a cop. Luckily everyone is ok, it wasn't my fault (or his...there was a third vehicle), the tacoma took it fairly well for a semi-front end collision (no air bags deployed).

Looks like mostly severe cosmetic damage to the front end, but I couldn't see underneath really well to see if there was frame damage.

Anyways, my allstate insurance is recommending I go through a drive-in estimator here in my area (it is drivable...at least it drove for 10 feet when I moved it from the scene). Anyone have any experience with this service? I don't really want to get shortchanged here, and I've heard they estimate the damage right there, and cut the check.

I'm considering (if it's only cosmetic), getting a front bumper, and then having the grill repaired, but worst case scenario, I still want full and fair reimbursement for the damages.

2. Jan 19, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner LE
    TRD Pro Wheels BFG AT Tires
    not with allstate but AAA. THere is nothing wrong with that, as a matter of fact it will cut alot of the usual BS that there is on the phone. Ive always thought going and showing them to the adjusters is the best thing to do. With so mcuh insurance fraud this is a safety measure most reputable insurance companies take these days. This will save you a lot of time spending on the phone and getting transfered over and over again.

3. Jan 19, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    former claims adjuster
    when you go to the drive up estimate, thats what you are going to get - a estimate of your damages from what they can see. then they will cut you a check for that amount. now later when your truck goes for the repairs, if they find any additional damages when taking things apart, they would have to submit a supplement estimate for the additional repairs/parts . This process is normal for any veh that can still drive safetly.

4. Jan 19, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
    I went through the drive-up Allstate estimate here in WA after bouncing a deer off the front headlight and around the passenger side. No complaints, it was amazingly painless and the shop did a perfect job with the repairs. Fully guaranteed work and they worked out the extra payment with Allstate directly, all I had to do was pay the deductible. I was really impressed! It was around $3k of damage btw.

5. Jan 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    4low2go

4low2go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    10 RC 4x4 5sp MGM
    Curt hitch, OBX Shift
    I had seen them on a few occasions. At around $1200, they cut a check. Another time at $2400, the check was made out to me and the body shop of my choice. Both times the bank still held the title, Allstate was generous in my favor, was the other guys/girls fault. Hope the repair works out well for you :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top