1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any experience with Sony Nav systems?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by EquinsuOcha, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Apr 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha [OP] Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Just found out that Sony has a few GPS systems out, and have been taking a look at the NV-U44 model. It's the most basic of them, but all I want any GPS to do is have the text to speech option.

Anybody have any real-world experience with any of Sony's GPS units?

2. Apr 4, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    foxracinfor20

foxracinfor20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sway away 2.5 coilovers sway away race runner rear shocks pioneer avic d3 2 7 in monitors in headrest dvd memphis 10" sub memphis amp trd intake urd catback with magnaflow procomp wheels 33/12.50/17 angel eye projector halo headlights altezza tailights with led bulbs big blue balls hanging total chaos ucas cover king neoprene seat covers 7 led projector foglight
    i dont have sony i have pioneer avic d-3 and i think the nav sux alwya no matter how you set it up it takes the longest way possible and if there a traffic circle it wants you to take the 4 th or 5th exit which is a uturn or the first exit

3. Apr 4, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I've heard they're pretty bad...hence the occasional heavy sales on them. Check Amazon for that specific model.

I'd just go with a garmin...they come in all price ranges.

4. Apr 4, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    Bakemono

Bakemono Wrath of the runbird

Member:
    Southern Wisconsin, USA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Toyota Tacoma regular cab 4x2
    I almost bought a Sony GPS last year, but every store around here was sold out of them.
    So, I went with a Garmin Nuvi 205 instead.
    Buying a GPS is one of the smartest investments I have ever made. It beats the heck out of going onto Mapquest, writing down their directions and driving around lost.

5. Apr 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha [OP] Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Exactly. I have an iPhone and it has led me astray for the last time.

6. Apr 4, 2009 at 8:07 PM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    A buddy of mine purchased one of the higher end Sony models with the big screen and returned it within a week. He said the navigation sucked and the songs and pics were hard to upload. He ended up getting a Garmin and never looked back.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 360 and love it. You might want to look into a Garmin GPS system...like Toph said, they come in all price ranges as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top