1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any of y'all figure out a way to move your backup camera to your cap's third brake light?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by tacotmac, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Oct 7, 2022 at 10:40 AM
    bonan

bonan New Member

Member:
    Yeah, both the anytime mod as well as the plug and play cameras seem like good options for the connection. I guess I'm looking for ideas on the actual mounting of the camera to the cap. Finding a 3rd brake light with a built-in camera for the cap would be ideal because no holes would be drilled; but I can't find one for an ARE CX. Drilling a couple of holes below the cap brake light for a bracket is another option. I'm worried about leaks though. Could also mount the camera inside the cap, looking out the back window, but that has it's own problems. Another thing I've considered is mounting on the cap rear window rail that goes on the top of the tailgate, near the lock. Wondering what others have done and looking for suggestions

Products Discussed in

To Top