1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Physical Therapists or Orthopedics Home

Discussion in 'Health' started by angrysam, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jun 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    angrysam

angrysam [OP] Huh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Somebody's Shit List
    Vehicle:
    2.9 Gen- Not a cunt.
    Fleshlight and an old Farrah Fawcett poster.
    Looking for a direction to head with my hands. I have a lot of money into getting wrong answers. I've passed 2 EMG test for carpal tunnel (they also did my elbows), neck MRI and hands/wrists show no sign of arthritis-

I quit wrenching professionally 5 years ago due to problems with my hands. The get weak- like can barely squeeze them tight enough to hold a bottle of water sometimes weak. If I'm tired or drinking they're way worse.

And sometimes they cramp to the point I can't open a fist. I was cutting a big stump down and had been on the saw for about 15 minutes straight. Couldn't lift my finger off the throttle. I had to set the saw on the ground and pry my fingers off with my other hand.

I first noticed a strained feeling on the inside of my right elbow. Just thought maybe a pulled a muscle there or something. It's progressed from that to where I'm at now. I get aching in my elbows that runs down into my wrists. Sometimes my wrists feel like they're on fire. Anything having to do with grasping something (tool, golf club, cans, bottles, etc) messes with them. Hell, just mowing the yard for 1/2 hour gets them cramping bad.

I was told it may be tendonitis but would think that would have gone away after quitting wrenching. I do wear the forearm bands and sleep occasionally in the elbow sleeves. Nothing really makes them better. The bands do help a little from making them worse...sometimes (desk job now).

Did I get a bum of an ortho? Any ideas on PT exercises I could try?

Products Discussed in

To Top