1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any updates on Milwaukee 1/2" hi-torque?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by risethewake, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Nov 20, 2022 at 11:15 PM
    risethewake

risethewake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM Sport AC
    Basics. Tires, painted headlighes, UHLM, baby winch in the bed, and heated mirrors :)
    Gonna be in the market to finally pick up a decent electric impact and would love the Milwaukee. A few friends have use them for years and they're great. However, I read a while back that they "redesigned" it (read: cheapened the everloving shit out of it) and now the once-bulletproof impact gun breaks catastrophically under light-duty usage. Like entire hammer assemblies blowing apart, cheap bushings (that used to be stout bearings) crapping out, that kinda shit. And it happens repeatedly to people multiple times in a row as they exchange for new tools.

So now I'm hesitant to buy a new one because I don't have time to play refund/exchange/send to manufacturer games with a $500 heavy duty tool that breaks when I need real uggaduggas. Anyone here have one of the newer models? Have they fixed all the design features they broke?

2. Nov 20, 2022 at 11:36 PM
    whatstcp

whatstcp currently drunk so don't listen to me

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7l 4x4
    King + Archive Relocation Wheeler's bumps +hydros
    They are supposedly going to undo the new shitty revision.

If you want to get the impact, go to your local store and look for the impacts with serial prefix h96a on the box. There is still stock floating around. Those are the tried and true we all know and love. H96b was the shitty one that is going to be phased out supposedly. My worry is that the fix will not be better, but only less shitty.

3. Nov 21, 2022 at 3:17 AM
    risethewake

risethewake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM Sport AC
    Basics. Tires, painted headlighes, UHLM, baby winch in the bed, and heated mirrors :)
    Yeah that's my worry as well. Or shittier in terms of "Its only gonna break right after waranty now".

Didn't think I'd be able to find the A model hanging around, I'll get to looking. Thanks. I don't have high hopes, lots of tradesmen buying this stuff where I live.

Products Discussed in

To Top