1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any1 been to Hauser Geode rock beds near blythe?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by NightProwler, May 26, 2015.

1. May 26, 2015 at 11:07 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Just wondering if anyone's been. Looking for some feedback on your experience and maybe some tips for rock hunting there. Will be going real soon with my girlfriend. Or if anyone's interested in going with, you're welcome to join. A bit of a noob to the rock hunting but have the basic idea on what to bring. We hope to be going June 1st or 2nd. Probly the 2nd. It's a Tuesday. Its not set in stone yet though. Just thought I'd throw that out there if anyone's interested to join. Not a problem if no one comes. We planned on doing it ourselves. Anyways.. let me know if you've been there and have any tips otherwise.

To find it look up Coon Hollow Campground on maps. Off I-10. 19 miles west of blythe to wileys well road. Then 12 miles south on a dirt road. They say a vehicle with high clearance is needed but I think even a stock truck would do fine. I've just got a prerunner and am not worried at all about the trail. It's pretty simple. Probly not advised to bring a car for sure though.
    Here's a review and more info about the site:
    http://www.desertusa.com/desert-prospecting/hauser-geode-beds.html
    Let me know guys:)

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. Jun 14, 2015 at 3:31 AM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Ok so an update.. we took the trip and apparently we didn't do enough research before we went out... We were totally lost when we arrived. Kept venturing out farther and farther hoping to find this place. We ended up not finding it thinking we went too far. We had a great time driving out there as a first off road adventure. But had no clue where and how far we were supposed to go. There really wasnt any signs or markers except one little sign that lead us in the general direction. So after we left at 8am and ventured around, it got kinda late and we decided to head back after 3 in the afternoon. Was pretty depressed we came back with nothing. So after we got home and decided to do some more research and look up GPS latitude and longitude coordinates, we discovered we hadn't traveled far enough to the actual site. The little map picture I downloaded made it seem like it was a short distance from the main trail. That was NOT the case. I'd say it's a good hour of driving offroad as well just to get to the damned sites. So... We've decided that it's worth another trip and want to go out again. We're gonna try it one more time. Should be fairly easy since we know exactly where we need to go this time. But again, long drive to get there and a long off road drive when you get off the beaten path. So if anyone's interested in joining us, let me know. Again it'll be on a Tuesday, probably in a few weeks. If you are the least bit interested hit me up and I can throw some info out there about this area and what's involved. Really looking forward to getting out there and seeing if I've got an interest in this new rockhound hobby. I'm pretty much an amateur to both rock hunting as well as expeditions. Was kinda anxious when we were out there all alone. So I'm hoping someone will have an interest in joining us. If not, oh well. We're still gonna go for it. Determined to find some freakin geodes!! Lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top