1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anybody on here from CT?

Discussion in 'North East' started by xtirtzt, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Sep 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    Hey CT and NE guys.................anyone looking to fix their shitty leafs? Maybe add some lift too like me? Maybe we can help each other out.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/194386-tacoma-spring-refurbishing.html

Anyone with the tools necessary and know how to do this wanna team up maybe? Im more than willing to pay for all donors if needs be and supply food and beverage. Will come to you.

Looks like a great way to avoid buying new expensive leaf packs and get rid of the sag. Beef up the rear a bit with good american leaf packs...........plus we can add lift. Guys on the thread have it as the 3 main leafs on a chevy I think.

2. Sep 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    That link sends you to reply to that thread just to let ya know. Ive read that thread before tho looks like an awesome way to save some money. I just ordered dakars a few hours ago, so if want some saggy donor leafs you can have mine. might be a little while before i install them tho. Ive got tools just not the knowhow haha.

3. Sep 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    fixed it.............ya.....im trying to sell some stuff on CL now to maybe just buy some dakars. Just wanted to put it out there. I gotta find some chevy donors 1st though.

If I get some donors maybe we can give it a try and at worst it just fucks up some cheap or free donors.

On a sidenote.............i got a illuminated 4x4 switch. I have to figure out to install that too soon. Its just sitting here with about a grand worth of lift stuff.

4. Sep 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Haha nice man, im almost there also. Got my light racing UCAs and scs F6 wheels just sitting in my room so i look at them everyday, just motivation to get it all done. Just ordered the complete OME setup from DSM today. Dakars, 885s, nitrochargers front and back, trim packer and carrier bearing drop. Went to the dealer also and ordered new bushings for the leaf shackle and new UCA bolts, figured it would be worth it to make the install go easier. Now i just gatta decide if i wanna get top plate spacers for the extra 1/2 inch up front. Problem is i dont want bad cv angles and i dont want to limit the down travel to much, on the other hand i dont want to much rake, also have been tossing around the idea of removing a leaf from the dakars to get eveything closer to level. So maybe those could go towards your possible frankenleaf pack haha.

Cant decide if i should try to tackle all this myself, or even with the help from tacomaworld. Its alot of work for one day, and alot to ask of guys i dont really know haha. It would be nice to do it so i can learn, and be able to fix anything that goes wrong. Maybe ill just do it in the driveway and drive my moms old ranger for the week:mad: but i dont even have a floor jack so that means more money on tools. I have been working on getting a quote to have it done by a shop, i figure for the time it will take me to do it myself i could be working extra hours which would pay for someone else to do it.

Anyone have any experience with exteme vehicle builders out of danbury? They are the only shop i have been able to find in CT that specializes in offroad rigs.

Oh and about the dakars, DSM was the best price i have found. They will send a set out here with u bolts for 500, thats shipped and they told me they ushually charge a handling fee but they wave it for tacomaworld members. They are listed other places like toytec for 199 a piece but after shipping and u bolts it would be over 5.

Edit: this thread name should be changed to trd6speed evanmb31 b/s thread...or we should just make one haha.

5. Sep 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Cool man............Ya im torn between doing it myself with some guys and saving up. Seeing that Im trying to save for a move Im gonna lean towards trying to do it myself. The springs just will have to wait for 500 but maybe if I can figure out a way to get the Frankenleaf done the lift will go on. I still need the bushhings and bolts for UCAs as well.

What did you get 4 bushings? Toss me the part number on there too will ya? if I order online its 20% off from the dealership and no shipping charges on parts they order.

I also need the top plate spacers from toytec. After seeing that guys truck sit level with the 1/2" spacer and 2" AAL I def want the spacer if im lifting the rear more than 2". Prob still have a tad of rake but not look Hotwheels:D.

I also need a floor jack..........and better stands but have 2 torque wrenches:cool: haha

6. Sep 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Ive got the parts numbers at home, ill get them to ya later. Easy to find tho, dsm has the part numbers for the bushing on the page for the ome complete kit, wheelers also sells aftermarket bushings, as well as two different sized top plate spaces. Just searched tacomaworld for the uca bolt numbers

Ya i got 4 bushings from toyota, i think the were like 8 bucks a piece, and the uca bolts were like 9 a piece. You really dont nees these, i guess you can reuse stock parts in both cases i just figured it would be easier to install with all new parts

7. Sep 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Forgot about the part numbers! Working 12 hour days this week and my brain is fried haha.
    Uca bolt - 90105-A0095
    Leaf spring shackle bushing 90389-A0003
    Sonny from DSM just called me, my OME kit is shipping tomorrow!:D

8. Oct 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    WOOO! 500th post! Im catching up to ya trd6speed lol. Just a little ct thread bump. Got my lift last week! Just gatta find time to do the install now, oh ya and get some more money for tires. Almost there! :D

9. Dec 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Bristol, ct checking in. Just got a '10 Taco :)

[​IMG]

10. Dec 21, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
  11. Dec 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    Marcoc

Marcoc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road LB
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR LB white w/tech package
    Newington, CT checking in.

12. Dec 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM
    BRUIN8124

BRUIN8124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD 4X4 OFF ROAD DCSB
    :spy:

I have family down in the RI area so I am down that way quite often. It would be cool to learn a few new places to go. I may tag along if I am around when you guys decide to go. I am all stock, so I dont do anything too crazy with my daily driver but it would be fun to get it dirty and meet some cool people...

13. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:15 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Anything happening in CT lately?

14. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:41 PM
    tgriff

tgriff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 Black DCLB
    8.5" x 17" Fuel Hostage black wheels P265/65/R17 Toyo Open Country AT II tires Rigid Industries Dually LED pods on back bumper (Diffused pattern) Rigid Industries 10" SR2 amber LED light bar behind grille (Driving pattern) - Custom mount Magnaflow 18" performance muffler Magnaflow 4" resonator exhaust tip - Welded on 3M 35% tint on front windows Access Limited roll-up tonneau cover Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio 4' Firestik Firefly CB antenna on Relentless Fab hood mount AVS vent visors Lamin-X amber fog light covers ND4's fog light anytime mod Ultragauge MX 1.3 mounted on dash - Custom mount Weathertech floor liners front & rear Access LED battery-powered bed light CravenSpeed stubby antenna OEM Bed Mat Bosch Icon windshield wipers Plasti-dipped front emblem Debadged TRD Sport bedside decals removed Mud flaps removed
    Hey man check out the Hey Connecticut thread. We're active over there and do meet ups to bs and help each other out

15. Mar 11, 2017 at 6:22 AM
    lodi781

lodi781 Alexander Supertramp

Member:
    shelton CT
    Vehicle:
    '16 4runner trail
    ARB by-51’s, dobinson springs, Gobi Rack, Black Oak single row LED roof bar
    I sold my tacoma and bought a 4runner. I'm happy and sad all at once.

Products Discussed in

To Top