1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody want to lend a hand?

Discussion in 'South East' started by buicejt, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    buicejt

buicejt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Leesburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 4 Door LB TRD Sport 4x4
    2010 TRD CAI, Ipod Adapter, side steps, bull bar, bug and wind deflectors, full metal jackrabbit retractable cover, electric tailgate lock, Hella 500s behind grille, relo horns mod, blu-logic hands free, seat belt ding mod, suspension TSB, tailgate theft deterent device, 5100's all the way around, grillcraft grille, Toytec TSB AAL, spidertrax wheel spacers on all four corners, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit
    I live in Indian Trail, NC, right outside Charlotte, and I'm in need of some help installing my toytec coilover kit and some LR UCAs. (By help, I mean someone to make sure I am not f'ing my truck upand that will lend a hand when I need it.) Any takers for some beer and pizza?

2. Feb 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    Big Frank

Big Frank Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco TRD
    Icon 2.5" Coil overs, Icon Upper Control Arms, AFE stage 2 intake, Flow master exhaust, 285/75 Pro comp X-Terrains, Bilstien Shocks, SS Brake Lines, JVC Kameleon Head Unit, Wet Okole Camo Seat Covers
    When do you want to do it? Do you have access to a lift, it makes it go so much easier. If you don't have access to a lift, I do and I am in Columbia if you want to come down.

3. Feb 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    buicejt

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Leesburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD CAI, Ipod Adapter, side steps, bull bar, bug and wind deflectors, full metal jackrabbit retractable cover, electric tailgate lock, Hella 500s behind grille, relo horns mod, blu-logic hands free, seat belt ding mod, suspension TSB, tailgate theft deterent device, 5100's all the way around, grillcraft grille, Toytec TSB AAL, spidertrax wheel spacers on all four corners, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit
    I've had the parts and pieces for over a week no and I am feeling the need to get them on sooner rather than later (as in some friends are coming over tonight and we might have to give it a try). My buddy's cousin has a lift, but we haven't talk about using it that much. If I don't get it on tonight I'll let you know and might have to take you up on your offer. I really appreciate it. Have a good one.

4. Feb 11, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    Big Frank

Big Frank Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco TRD
    Icon 2.5" Coil overs, Icon Upper Control Arms, AFE stage 2 intake, Flow master exhaust, 285/75 Pro comp X-Terrains, Bilstien Shocks, SS Brake Lines, JVC Kameleon Head Unit, Wet Okole Camo Seat Covers
    are you just putting in the spacers on the factory coil, or are you installing new coil overs? I have factory coils with spacer already put together, I had them on my truck but didn't like them so I took them off and put in coil overs. Just let me know I will be working on my truck tomorrow.

5. Feb 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    buicejt

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Leesburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    No, I've currently got stock coils on 5100s. I'm going to put the toytec coilover kit on them, and change out the UCAs also. I've already added the rear AAL. When all is done, it will be the toytec ultimae lift.

6. Feb 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    Big Frank

Big Frank Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco TRD
    When you put the UCAs on you will have to take a sledge hammer to the body to remove the long bolt, or with the help of another person a pry bar will move the sheet metal enough to get the bolt out. if you need anything you can call or text me @ 979-201-0420 name is Frank.

7. Feb 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    buicejt

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Leesburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Ended up not getting around to it. Somehow threw my back out. I can hardly stand up. Guess I'm not getting any younger. I really do appreciate the info, Frank. My name is Travis.

Would it be better to just cut the bolt and get a replacement from a dealership?

8. Feb 11, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    Big Frank

Big Frank Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco TRD
    no, its not as hard as it sounds, it took me a while to figure it out when I did mine but after the first one the second one was easy. It is just a matter of getting enough clearance to move the bolt out and back in. If you cut the bolt that is in there then you have to pay for a new bolt and still move the sheet metal to put the new one back in.

Products Discussed in

To Top