1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone bought these steps?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bwilliamson, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    bwilliamson

bwilliamson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Magnolia, KY
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The seller is 4caroption. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this seller. I bought these steps but when I received them the driver side step had real deep scratches on it. Also was missing some hardware and had some hardware that doesnt even fit these steps. Ill keep yall informed of my progress and if yall need to deal with this guy or not. If you have dealt with him what was your experience with him? Did he resolve the problems?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    mattleegee

mattleegee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD PRO 6sp
    that sucks man especially paying that much
    i hate when other sellers give eBay a bad rep, hurts my business!

hopefully he can send you some new hardware and just get some bedliner paint or something and do a refinish, if you cant just return the whole thing (i bet he wouldnt refund shipping and you would be out the $48 plus whatever you paid to ship back, mine as well keep them)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    bwilliamson

bwilliamson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Magnolia, KY
    I dont mind the scratches so bad as they are in a place that you wont be able to see them if i can get them installed. I tried dry fitting the parts together and noticed that the bolt holes dont line up properly and I can pretty much bet thats gonna cause a problem. I have a feeling i just wasted about $160 on something I wont even be able to use.

4. Apr 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Try and find ones made by SmityBilt, they bolt on directly to your frame and doesn't use any of that mounting bracket crap.

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    Werloc

Werloc Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Central, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2003 Double Cab 4X4 TRD 3.4 V6
    Shit, I'm taking steps like those, but from a double cab off my truck today and tossing them. Maybe I'll list them on craigslist for $20.....:eek:

6. Apr 3, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    I need the steps on mine the wife is a short shit and has to use them to get in.

7. Apr 22, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    akauff9

akauff9 New Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner green
    I purchased the exact same steps you purchased form the same seller ( 95-04 Tacoma Ext.Cab, 4 wd or pre-runner SS side bar). I first received the wrong steps (made for a 05' and up tacoma access cab) and sent them back. In their defense, the box was mislabeled.
    My steps also had a few small scratches on the insides of the bends..but that did not really bother me....
    I just received the replacement product, which does look like the right model however...the brackets do not line up near the front well at all. The only front possible anchor hole is on the body mount frame attachment , and at an angle!! The rear most bracket does line up, but also doesn't fit great due to the bolt head, which fastens the step to the bracket, protruding into the frame where they meet...which actually allows the whole unit to pivot up when fastened!
    I refuse to install these on my truck unless they are secure!

The product came with a very simple diagram which does not help at all with installation.
    I knew that buying steps ,for this cheap, that the build quality would not be the greatest, but they should at least bolt on securely to the vehicle.

I have e-mailed the company back and am currently waiting for their response. Will keep you posted.

Products Discussed in

To Top