1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone do LED gauge swaps in SoCal? LA preferred...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Trianglist, May 20, 2015.

1. May 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    Trianglist

Trianglist [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Pasadena, CA
    Did a search and couldn't find anything... Thanks

2. May 20, 2015 at 4:16 PM
    Road LessTraveled

Road LessTraveled Active Member

Member:
    Jackson County, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4WD Double Cab Short Bed
    BF Goodrich Mud Terrains, LED bar, HID Hi's and Lows. I am planning on trading mine in for a 2016 or newer depending on when i gather all the information I need on this site to build my truck. Seems like every month I learn something new. Future mods so far: Front: - 16" King extended coilovers with remote reservoir shocks - Total Chaos Heim Pivot UCA's & LCA's - 6" BDS lift, just the Spidles & Crossmembers - T100 front axles - ReadyLift tie rods - SS extended brake lines - Larger calipers - Pelfreybilt bumper - WARN® 9.5cti-s winch - Glassworks front fender 6" rise and 4" bulge - Carbon Creations carbon fiber hood - Carbon fiber hood pins Rear: - 4" Alcan full leaf pack with Orbit Eye - King extended shocks with remote reservoir - Pelfreybilt rear shock relocator - ATO 6" shackle flip kit - ARB rear air locker - Rear differential breather mod - Pelfreybilt rear bumper - SS extended brake lines - Glassworks rear fenders with 4" rise and 4" bulge Misc: - 4.56 gears - One-piece driveshaft - RCI skids for transmission, transfer case, fuel tank, and rear differential - B.A.M.F. rock sliders - 17x10 rims with 4.5 backspacing - 35x12.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT - Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers - 50" LED light bar - Several Cree LED pods - Rear camera anytime mod - Underbody LED lights - Green HID's - Green LED Fogs - Aluminum camper shell - Line-X the whole truck
    I did for all of my vehicles. I took the gauge cluster out to see what size bulbs I needed and how many to order, and swapped them with a different color LED bulb. They don't really dim down much if you lower the setting, but I never seen a need to lower the brightness on the dashboard anyway.

3. May 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    orangeglo

orangeglo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB OR
    Where did you get your LED's from and what color did you use?

The lack of dimming is my biggest fear doing this mod. I keep my dash lights pretty dim normally and on long drives at night I like them even more dim.

Products Discussed in

To Top