1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else have really Shaty customer service stories?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jonny_jard, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Aug 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM
    jonny_jard

jonny_jard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    So I have been plagued with a faulty transmission. I had my truck in to the local dealership (Noral Toyota of Fort McMurray, Alberta which the truck was not purchased from) They determined what was wrong and scheduled my truck to come in a week later (about 3 months ago). I brought my truck in, Nothing was done to it, I showed up to pick it up expecting it to be fixed. They re-scheduled my next appointment for a couple weeks later only to have it canceled on me the day before my appointment. Since then, i have been trying to call with no success on a new appointment and have completely ignored all my messages. I have never had such a bad experience dealing with customer service in my life. This was my first new toyota truck (3rd toyota i've owned) and for $35,000 a person should expect a little more then this.

2. Aug 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sorry to hear that. have you tried calling toyota's 800 number?? if not, may be worth a shot.........and i just about guarantee you that you will have an appointment soon, and it will not be canceled!!

3. Aug 11, 2008 at 12:42 PM
    jonny_jard

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    Still waiting a reply from toyota.ca

4. Aug 11, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    yea dealers dont like corporate calls... my service guy wasn't being helpful, then i went to his supervisor and now they are willing to listen and not try to make a temporary fix... sometimes these dealers think u dont know anything so they say something and u believe them and everything is ok, but once u start bugging them and questioning them then their like damn he might know a little more than we thought. goodluck !

5. Aug 16, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    jonny_jard

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    Here is the reply i got from corporate Toyota.

Dear Mr. Jardine:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We are sorry that your dealings with Noral Toyota were not satisfactory. This dealer has an excellent reputation for providing very good service to all their customers. We are sorry that you feel that this was not the case in your situation.

As the Canadian Toyota distributor, we always appreciate receiving customer feedback, even when it cannot be positive. This is the only way we can monitor our customers' satisfaction with the service provided by Toyota dealerships.

It is difficult for Toyota Canada Inc. to comment on these past events; however, we do report back to our dealers, so that action may be taken (front line) to review the concerns of our customers. You are free to discuss the matter with the sales manager at Noral Toyota but, unfortunately, Toyota Canada is unable to intervene in private matters between you and the dealer.

Although we are unable to change what has occurred, we thank you for taking the time to share your comments. A copy of your correspondence has been forwarded to the appropriate departments within Toyota Canada for information purposes.

We would also like to take this opportunity to mention that our records indicate that the ownership on this vehicle has not yet been updated. We kindly request that you reply with you full mailing address and telephone number so that we may update our records to reflect the current ownership of the vehicle.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Nicole Anderson
    Customer Interaction Centre
    Toyota Canada Inc.

So basically the dealership can do what every they like and get away with everything they want. And just cause i bought my truck out of town I will be forced to go out of town (900 kms) for anything I need. Is this bull shit or what! So anyway i went ahead and set up a complaint forum on a local message board about this dealership, the response has been great... I'm not the only one getting fucked over by them. turns out a lot of people are really unhappy with their dealings.

6. Aug 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    other than basically trying to sell me ANYTHING but the tacoma i wanted, no matter how firm i was that all i wanted was a base model reg cab, and they tried to sell me a massive tundra, etc....
    then they wouldn't let me and my wife leave to go get lunch while they looked for a close truck to bring and ran our papers. they were afraid we were going to just buy elsewhere.
    we should have left..but they kept telling us '5 more minutes, just five more minutes' which eventually became 2 hours.
    i'm kicking myself for that.
    no, i haven't had any beefs with them since.

7. Aug 16, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    Tom-s

Tom-s Member

Member:
    Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD
    I had awesome service from that dealership in fort mac. I got a lot of free stuff to replace some of the older and used stuff on my truck. Only problem I had with them was when they said they were going to detail my truck all they did was wash the outside.

8. Aug 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM
    jonny_jard

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    Wow, you are honestly the first person I've heard from with positive feed-back about that dealership. The reason I'm making a huge issue about this is because myself and many others who got their truck elsewhere get last class treatment from these guys.

9. Aug 17, 2008 at 1:31 AM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Not just that dealer. The dealer down in my area Fort Myers Toyota, has laughed at me three separate times when I've had an issue. The last time they told me "we only cater to our own customers, you should go back to your original dealer." Must have been mistaken about that big Toyota logo on the back of the truck...weird.

10. Aug 17, 2008 at 5:18 AM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    It's not a "Toyota" Dealership story but it is very Tacoma. Went with my new truck after 5K miles to get the tires rotated and balanced. Since NTB carries Rugged Trail tires this worked out good, so I thought. Bought the lifetime rotation and balance through them. First time, no problems. Second time, different story. After the third time they still could not get my tires balanced. Upon closer inspection I noticed they were using the wrong type of weights for this type of rim. Buggered the rim all up along where the weights go and on others I see rub marks on the face of the rims and one of them has a 2 inch socket run across the face of it! So they can't balance the tires anymore and I now have wheel damage to boot.

I have emailed NTB and Tire Kingdom customer service numerous times with NO responses whatsoever. I have mailed hard copy letters with color pictures of the wheel damage, still, no response whatsoever. Contacted the manager about the issues, he suggested to go to another NTB as his equipment is old and the workers are kids there. I had told them to try out the truck before they called me the last time to come pick it up. I check my Scangauge and see they have hit 5200 RPM's with my new truck test driving it. The SC don't lie about the max readings of the day.

So the next step is the BBB to help discredit them hopefully when the next fleet manager is looking for a place to have his trucks serviced and if I choose to have the rims repaired/repainted then I can present that evidence in small claims court. The Dealership balanced the tires and they were so far out of balance they did not even drive it because they knew the problem would be solved. It was solved, $53 later. Now it drives like the day I brought it home from the Dealership. I am just out my lifetime rotation and balance money and what ever it costs to have the tires done by the dealer again when it is time.:(

11. Aug 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM
    jonny_jard

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    Wow, That's basically what myself and many others who own Toyota's from other dealerships are dealing with up here. The next closest dealership is some 500 kms away and mine is around 900. I emailed Toyota Canada asking who's going to pay for my fuel, hotel, food to get my warranty done on THEIR truck (leased to own, saved 1% over finance).

12. Aug 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.

Luckily the next closest dealership is still under 100miles away, but it shouldn't matter if the next dealership is 3 miles down the road or 1,000 imo. I called Toyota about it and they fed me some line about how the dealer can use discretion when making that decision based on if they are too backed up, too full, etc. I was sort of baffled.

The one down here though advertises themselves as a "super center" and given that they really are the only dealership for like 80 miles or so I think they can get away with a fair amount of BS because if you want a Toyota you really have no other option. Plus with the volume of sales they have, if they lose one I guess its not a big deal.

Also, when I got the Taco it was stickered at 3k lower at the dealership I got it from then the same exact truck was stickered at the dealership here. So ultimately any extra gas I spent having to drive up to the og (original dealer) still falls well under the 3k I saved by not dealing with the nutshots down here.

13. Aug 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM
    tacomans

tacomans Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I'm getting screwed over by Toyota too. Long story, but after having something faulty in my transmission/torque converter they refuse to fix it saying its not a safety issue. They gave me the line that Toyota is working on a fix. I searched and they were giving that line 3 years ago.

Filed a complaint with Toyota corporate, guy sounded great at first, gave me his extension # and promised to get this resolved. Tried calling him and left messages, never did get back to me.

Glad I leased mine. Never thought Toyota would be like this. Warranty, guess that doesn't carry much weight anymore. There are a lot more twists and turns to my particular story, all documented and written down.

Bottom line: Toyota does not stand behind their product and their attitude towards their paying customers will cost them, slowly but surely.

When my truck worked great I didn't want to hear anything bad about Toyota or the Tacoma, but if something like this happens to YOU, you'll be pissed and will be amazed at their total lack of respect or care at all towards major problems with their products.

14. Aug 18, 2008 at 2:24 AM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Did you try a different dealership? Maybe take it to one a city over or something, but don't tell them about your previous encounter with Toyota on the issue. Its night and day how different the Toyota dealerships are from my home town to where I'm currently living.

15. Aug 18, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    106Tacoma

106Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 06 Black Sand Pearl 4x4 Every option.
    My dealer was always nice with me, but after they changed the oil on my sister brand new scion for some reason they rotated the tires at only 3,000 miles. Scratched every rim, and would not do anything about it. So we called toyota directly, our dealer called us back the next day and had my siststers car there getting 4 new wheels.

16. Aug 18, 2008 at 7:50 AM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    dealers are bunch of jerk-offs!! I hate them!! I dont know why such a hassle on buying a vehicle!!!

17. Aug 18, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    you are correct sir!!:D

i think i have ultimately decided that when we buy our next ride(after the tacoma and accord are done), we will have another tacoma, but this time, i'll probably be buying from carmax.......unless i find a dealer with a really good price. we have had some pretty decent luck at carmax.......plus there is no hassle at all. dealerships just put me in a cranky mood!!!:eek:

18. Aug 18, 2008 at 8:47 AM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    they want to ripped u off as much as possible! Sucks that there are no laws on how much profit they can make since we live in a capitalistic socielty. Unreal!

19. Aug 18, 2008 at 10:52 AM
    ED R

ED R Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm no fan of Toyota Customer Service, They've abandoned me completely. So has the dealer. And the tier installer won't back anything up because I wasn't the original purchaser- the dealership was.

20. Aug 18, 2008 at 11:05 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    if i were u guys and werent getting responses i would get a girl call and leave some lame message to get him to call her back with a number of urs that toyota doesnt have, maybe u used ur home phone with the guy and u can give him ur cell or vice sersa, when he calls back hopefully ur around and BAM! wudup mothaf*cka

Products Discussed in

To Top