1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else having traction issues?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by memario1214, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Nov 30, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I have just been noticing lately that now that it is starting to get cold in my neck in the woods, the roads have a little bit of slick on them in the mornings. I have come to see that even with good tires, just a little bit of throttle will thro the rear end out. I realize that these are light trucks with decent power so they will tend to do that, but this new taco of mine just seems like it is worse than my '03 was... Any input?

2. Nov 30, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    More weight forward than your old truck...I'm guessing more power. Higher center of gravity too....All those things will work to break your rear end loose alot easier.

The only time I have problems is with wet tires in corners when I push the skinny pedal more than normal....There isn't much in the way of a freeze down my way tho...

Products Discussed in

To Top