1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else tired of Craft Beer?

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by snapspinner, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Jun 11, 2022 at 12:49 PM
    Pablo8

Pablo8 Here!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Everson WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Sport 4X4 MT AC
    OVT, 4.88, ADM, F&R ARB lock, KO2's, RWD L MOD
    20220611_121749.jpg

Best thing with beer slow cooked lamb gyro.

SkiAZ4Free likes this.
  2. Jun 11, 2022 at 4:57 PM
    Fohu

Fohu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glade park Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd or access cab
    I need a modelo right now

Pablo8 likes this.
  3. Jun 24, 2022 at 8:04 AM
    EdgemanVA

EdgemanVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2008 X-Runner
    Several
    I love craft beer! So much variety is available today that you can buy what you like. I consider this the "golden age" of brewing.

I love IPAs, but I walked into a grocery store while visiting my sister, and 3/4 of the craft beers were IPAs. I decided at that point that I would not buy another IPA until the popularity died down. I want to see more variety in stores.

I prefer dark brews, such as stouts, porters, and even dark lagers. If all else fails, I can always find Guinness (one of my all time favorites), but I always look for products from smaller breweries.

As Al Bundy said, "Don't tax beer!"

Drink free!

Pablo8 likes this.
  4. Jun 25, 2022 at 9:36 AM
    perterra

perterra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tejas
    I agree other than it seems to have become follow the leader. I used to like IPA's, dont really care for them now. Dont dislike them, just dont care for the race to the hoppiest known to man. Same way with alcohol contents, the race to the highest is not something I am interested in. If I am in a brewpub, I still try a porter or brown ale if they got it, a german style kolsch or an american lager still interests me but I have grown weary of all the farmhouse ales, IPA and fruit beers. It's not my bag.

What ever someone wants is fine, but it amuses me when "connoisseurs" declare the big brands crap beer or whisky. It may not be a flavor they care for, but it is ignorance of the process to call it crap. Anytime you can buy a beer and drive across the country and buy another and they taste identical, it aint crap! Anytime last years taste like this years, it aint crap. As someone else said, when you get a variance or they sell a beer thats flat or off, well thats crap beer or whisky.

As for me, I drink what I drink, and what I drink depends on who I am with and where I am drinking it. I dont pick a 6% or 8% on a 100 degree day while fileting fish at a fish cleaning station, on a 100 degree day, thats prime location for a Corona, Tecate, PBR or Coors. Those taste great pulled out of the bottom of an ice filled cooler on a blistering day. Give me the stronger stuff in the winter when I may stop at two.

Most times I just buy shiner for the fridge. But what I drink at Thanksgiving or Christmas with family, is not what I drink on the 4th of July, which is not what I drink when going out to eat with my wife.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Pablo8 and 69 Jim like this.
  5. Jun 25, 2022 at 11:40 AM
    perterra

Member:
    Tejas
    Digging this out of the grave, but this mind set is what allows shitty micros to exist. It would be hard to find something mass produced as bad as stuff some of the micros sell/sold (yegua creek brewing, which is why they shuttered the joint 20 years ago).

After you have torn the front spoiler off Enzo's masterpiece on the curb in front of Costco when picking up a jumbo pack of diapers a few times you wont ask that question. LMAO

6. Jun 25, 2022 at 12:18 PM
    Slick Taco

Slick Taco Id Rather Be Airborne

Member:
    Lost somewhere in the PNW
    Vehicle:
    Current vehicles: 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock. 2018 TRD OR DCSB KD Max tuned. 2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max . 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    KD Max Tune, King 2.5 coil overs T.C. UCA's, Deaver leafs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, K&N CAI, Baja Designs fog pods, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised brackets and 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro Stage II front bumper, Warn winch, FACTOR 55 Ultra Hook, FACTOR 55 Hawes Fairleed, full debadge, Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black in channel rain guards, interior LED's, Teton Workshop shift knob, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    LOL I would NEVER take my Ferrari to Costco for Diapers. Maybe a case of Bud Light but never diapers.

7. Jun 25, 2022 at 12:58 PM
    hooliganrick

hooliganrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    San Diego
    When I drink beer, I usually have it in my hand and taking regular sips on it. But I, as others here stick with the tried and true. I've done the craft beer thing, and my palate just doesn't like it. I like a smooth beer that goes down smooth. Not one I have to take a breath, then try to swallow it down. But I have noticed that it makes you look cool and sauve sitting with your sunglasses on top of your head, beer sitting on the table, getting warm, because it tastes like shyt, and you don't want to admit it. But you do look cool.

Taco 422, Nevin and perterra like this.
  8. Jun 25, 2022 at 2:25 PM
    perterra

Member:
    Tejas
    LMAO

There are some pretty good craft beers out there,

9. Jun 25, 2022 at 2:47 PM
    Pablo8

Pablo8 Here!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Everson WA
    Vehicle:
    Exactly.

Some really really good beers. True to style. It's either some clever ass who pushes the boundary, or just a defect - sanitation, for example that leads to "bad" beer.

Craft beer as a name has also been blurred. Some former smaller breweries are now owned by the big guys. I just don't like the mass produced beers. Miller for example tastes really bad. But to others, it's what they are used to, so be it I don't care, drink what you like.

Anyway many people do only associate craft beer with PNW style IPA. Most of which I also find undrinkable. Why would anyone need a beer so damned bitter? And I am not a bitter hater by any means. Yeah there are a few clowns that drink them for show. Not me. Kulshan lagers all the way. Talk about regional, I don't think Kulshan even makes it out of Whatcom county. But I love an English mild or brown ale. Lovely beers.

10. Jun 25, 2022 at 2:59 PM
    perterra

Member:
    Tejas
    I think we are past 100 breweries in the Dallas Fort Worth area. They arent all good, but they arent all bad.

Miller and the like arent loaded with flavor, but if you are at a fish fry and planning on drinking 5 or 6 over a couple of hours, they are a good choice. Six Dragon Stouts after a day on the flats tend to make a night more remembered by others than your self. A story about Dragon Stout, in the Bahamas on a fishing trip back in the early 80's, when ever someone ordered a Dragon Stout all the bar tenders and patrons would hold up their arm, make a fist, flex their muscle and say ya mon, your old lady be sore in the morning. LOL I can promise, after a half dozen Dragon Stouts you were more a threat to yourself than anybody's old lady.

It's what you are used to

Pablo8[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Oct 8, 2022 at 7:18 AM
    Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Brand Used Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra SR5
    I guess I'm biased because I love IPAs but the recent rise in the number of craft breweries in Alberta has been fantastic, in my opinion.

12. Oct 8, 2022 at 7:28 AM
    anthemAnathema

anthemAnathema Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 4.0 6MT Access Cab TRD Offroad
    Elka 2.5 w/ DSC RCI Skids AP Expedition Leafs Leer 180
    Oh noes, there's too many beers to chose from now. I's sad and gunna complain about it.

bagleboy, Cpl. Punishment and Pablo8 like this.
  13. Oct 8, 2022 at 7:30 AM
    Pablo8

Pablo8 Here!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Everson WA
    Vehicle:
    Land of beer here. Happy. Must self limit!

Cpl. Punishment likes this.
  14. Oct 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    She wouldn’t be sore because of you.

15. Oct 8, 2022 at 7:29 PM
    Cpl. Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra SR5
    This is why craft breweries make session ales.

16. Oct 8, 2022 at 7:49 PM
    Ricardo13x

Ricardo13x YT: @UrbanOpsOffRoad IG: @urban.ops.offroad

Member:
    Upland, CA.
    Vehicle:
    05 OR DCSB ProRunner(4X4 conv.)
    random stuff. Oh! and converted to non ADD 4x4.
    1- Tecate original (red can)
    2- Carta Blanca
    3- Pacifico
    4- What ever you can see through

I like beers intended for chillin’ and having good times with not a miserable hangover.

cheers!

JKU3000 and perterra like this.
  17. Oct 10, 2022 at 2:37 PM
    perterra

Member:
    Tejas
    I havent really found that many session brews to be much better than a Shiner or Sam Adams, just twice the money.

Too many dove off into 50-60 IBU and I really dont care for bitters in that concentration on a continuous basis. Not knocking craft beers, but mass produced has gotten better and craft seems to be chasing fads.

18. Oct 10, 2022 at 2:38 PM
    perterra

Member:
    Tejas
    Always been of the mind, its more important who you are drinking with than what you are drinking.

JKU3000 and Ricardo13x[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Oct 10, 2022 at 2:44 PM
    Cpl. Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra SR5
    False. Beers that are less than 50 IBU are boring and undrinkable.

20. Oct 10, 2022 at 2:44 PM
    SkiAZ4Free

SkiAZ4Free Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Miguelito
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 4x4
    you win the day

I can only imagine their porter being the one to try from them...

Wanna trade something from Texas?

you also win the day

Products Discussed in

To Top