1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone Have Their Wisdom Teeth Removed???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tacobell007, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Dec 24, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    nutnfancy

nutnfancy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    i sure did. my dentist knocked me out cold when i did it. when i woke up i was in my own bed. i not sure if i could handle the crunching and pulling of my wisdoms if i wasn't knocked out.

2. Dec 24, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    misterquad

misterquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shawnee, KS
    Similiar story here.

I got mine out after I got by braces off. All 4 were impacted. They put me to sleep and took them out in an hour. Mom had to drive me home, I slept it off on the couch and that night I was eating a burger and fries, never needed the pain pills.

It is a badge of honor to tell everyone how bad it was and how much pain you endured.

You will be fine.

3. Dec 24, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 [OP] Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    thanks. I got my braces off about 2 years ago. Yeah I'll have another store to tell people at school

4. Dec 24, 2009 at 6:26 PM
    jab08

jab08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    02 T4R 4wd
    What kinda dentist you go to??? All they did for me was a little laughing gas and some shots and that was it. And I remind you I had a total of 8 teeth pulled. They were all like be carefull walking since we gave you laughing gas. I could not even tell they gave me any. All it did was make my hands and feet tingle a little and thats it. I would have drove myself home if my mom would have let me.

5. Dec 24, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Funny this thread. Mine are coming out in January. I just told the doc to freeze my mouth. Fuck the General anesthesia. That stuff does mean things to your body. That and they tend to be nicer to you when you're awake.

6. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    TimberT

TimberT Timberlicious

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 DC
    N-fab Nerfs, Weathertech Liners, Bed Mat, Eibach Springs, AFE Pro Dry filter, Dog slobber
    I had three impacted wisdom teeth removed under local anesthesia. Felt like they were pulling my jaw apart but only felt pressure, no pain. Never needed pain pills. I think the worst part was having the stitches cut out - hopefully they use dissolving ones nowadays.

7. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    I believe they do use dissolving ones. Why was it bad? I had stitches in my knee before and it did not really hurt getting them out

8. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Had mine removed 14 years ago. Did one side at a time, right first then 3 weeks later the left side. Novocaine and was awake the whole time. Doing one side at a time was not bad, could still eat normal food and took about 2 days to heal up.

9. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    had i mine done a few days before my 18th b-day (didnt really have a choice) it wasnt horrible.. i remember wanting to get the gauze out of my mouth as quick as possible. they were annoying and i felt like i was going to choke on them. as for waking back up... i would be awake for a few seconds then back asleep... took about 3 days to get up and moving. just make sure you stay on top of your pain meds. i tried not to take them after a little while but had to because i still wasnt healed up. i didnt stop taking the oxycodone for about 4-5 days...then i just switched over to ibproufen. the stitches are super annoying....i kept wanting to stick my tongue back there.

i think the part that sucked the most for me was sitting at the table at texas roadhouse watching my dad and brother eat steak and here i was picking apart my chicken fingers and mashed potatos cuz i still couldnt eat much solid food.

thats another thing.... buy a crap load of jello and pudding. you will want it! thats all i ate for the first week and a hlaf

good luck man!

edit- to answer the thing about the stitches.... they are dissolving... thats what mine were

10. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:40 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    I had all 4 removed at the same time. I was sore for about 2 weeks and they drained a lot. I had to carry a spit bottle and my mouth tasted like ass.

11. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3

haha yeh... same here... i forgot about that

12. Dec 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    VixTacom

VixTacom SYC TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Wayne, NJ
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5 TRD
    LED's and Neon Glow inside, Blacked out front end, 4X4 with Locking Diff, 5spd Manual, TRD package, CB Radio, Gray Wire Mod, Thrush exhaust system, Tinted marker lights, tailights, interior lights
    i culdn't tell ya mine are still in. they've asked if i've wanted them out, i've always said no.

13. Dec 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    Follow the post op instructions from your oral surgeon. And before you go to get the op done, get some ice packs ready. When I had it done, my face looked like I had just fought a furious 15 round fight.

14. Dec 24, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch, Sherpa Grand Teton/Crows nest, Baja Designs S8 light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights
    Had all 4 of mine removed at the same time. It actually wasn't too bad. I asked the dentist for them and ended up mounting them on a chain off my rear view mirror.

15. Dec 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM
    ColdZeroBSP

ColdZeroBSP Yo homie, that my briefcase?

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Tewksbury MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC
    console vault, viper remote start, weathertech front and rears
    Make sure you ask for versed and not the goofy gas. Versed is amazing stuff. One minute the needle was in my arm and the next minute (it felt like) they said "you're all done." You are conscious the whole time but it basically erases your memory. Oh yea and you'll being singing something on the way out. I think they said I was singing the Popeye theme song. The pain afterward sucks but it passes after a couple weeks.

16. Dec 24, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    delscorcho

delscorcho Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB SR5, Black Sand Pearl
    Had all four taken out over two decades ago. Two were impacted so they put me out with laughing gas. I had the dissolving stitches and don't recall any pain. I was able to eat normal food about a week later.

I remember getting McD's milkshake on the way home and then falling asleep on the couch. I woke up later and found that my German Shepherd had been licking the dried milkshake remains off my face for some time. :(

17. Dec 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    I had mine removed in the middle of football season, got them out on a monday, light practice wednesday and played friday. When I woke up from the procedure it was a blast, I was so out of it. The doctor told me they took my testicals becuase I kept asking why I was there, then I cussed out some randon old lady because my dad told me she had my balls. It was an insane day.

18. Jan 13, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    hahaha

19. Jan 13, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Alright guys I am having surgery February 19th at 10:30 in the morning. They showed me the X-rays my orthodontist took and said all 4 or my wisdom teeth are impacted. Also, the doctor said that they will laughing gas then use the medicine that makes you fall asleep. All of it should take an hour or so. Then I have to stay there for awhile so they can monitor me. The doctor said that after the meds I would be considered under the influence if I drove:rolleyes: even though I can not drive yet. I can not believe it takes 6 weeks to fully heal:eek: Well I should be fine to play lacrosse when it starts, 3 weeks after the surgery. I hope it goes well and nothing bad happens:eek:

20. Jan 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    I had mine cut out when I was 18. Apparently I sang during the procedure. They say people react to the drugs differently. I'm calling BS. If I don't remember it, it didn't happen. That's a rule for life.

Edit: Watch out eating crunchy stuff. I ate chips and salsa like 3 days after I had them out. A chip pierced the wound and embedded itself in it, and it healed before I squirted it out with the syringe they gave me to clean. It got infected and swollen and painful. The oral surgeon was like, well, good news and bad. Bad is you've got an infection. Good is that you've got it because you're so healthy that I think food healed into the wound.

Said the shot would hurt as bad as removing the "foreign matter." He lanced the wound and removed the chip w/o anesthesia. That shit hurt like crazy. I think novocaine would have been less painful.

Products Discussed in

To Top