1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have trouble with Autoanything?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Tacoyota, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mar 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota [OP] senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    I ordered a brake controller on 3/19/13. I called Monday 25th when they showed it delivered. The rep said it didn't ship with the trailer hitch as the shipment said it did, and they'd email. Friday still no response.

Not sure if I just got E-conned.

2. Mar 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    chaz834

chaz834 Tacoma 4 Life.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kendrick, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport MGM
    3'' Tuff Counrty Lift, Moromoto Mini H1 Projectors 5000K 35W, BHLM, 30'' LED Light Bar, Black TOYOTA Emblem, Excelon Touch Screen Deck, Hertz Speakers,Excelon AMP, 2 10'' JL Audio Subs, Wet Okle seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    I have bought allot of stuff through them never had any problems and they were fast shipping and good priced.

3. Mar 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    Same, I've bought several things for a couple different vehicles, never a problem

4. Mar 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    Tacoyota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Sounds like I just need to be more patient n let them sort it out some more. 3 out of the 4 parts made it at least.

5. Apr 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    San Diego
    Hey Tacoyota,
    My name is AJ and I am an employee at AutoAnything, can you please PM me your order number or First and Last name and I will see what I can do? Sorry to hear about your issue, I'll dive into the problem a little bit more and see if I can get some more answers.
    AJ

6. Apr 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    Nunavut

Nunavut Eh oh, Canada go.

Member:
    Canada
    Autoanything is awesome.

7. Apr 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    Tacoyota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    It got sorted out today, its back ordered. I usually avoid a high selling item, but the vendor is swamped. Thanks for the concern AJ, it wasn't at A/A's end.

8. Apr 2, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    San Diego
    Gotcha, well if you have any question or concerns please do not hesitate to call and you can ask for me by name or continue working with the Agent who has been helping you. Enjoy the great weather you guys are getting in Portland!
    AJ

9. Apr 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    Round II

Round II Member #12005

Member:
    X2 but it has been a while since I ordered anything from them.

10. Apr 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    MudFlap

MudFlap Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Wow, the level of service I seen here makes me want to just go buy ANYTHING from this company. You don't see this level of give a damn with companies anymore. Kudos to autoanything.com!

11. Apr 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    car78412

car78412 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma reg cab 4x4
    Their Pricing is not great. They just have alot of smoke and mirror discounts. The free shipping is always factored in with their prices so shipping is not free. I always seem to find items the same or slighly cheaper at other sites. Not a fan.

12. Apr 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Their order cancellation and return policy is borderline illegal.

I will never buy from them again.

Luckily I paid via my credit card so they fought the battle for me when I claimed fraud.

13. Apr 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Tacoyota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    So on an update, the vendor called (perhaps on A/A's request) this morning seeing if I wanted to cancel the order or receive it for around the 12th. I'm ok with waiting since it was only a stock ran out thing, and I ordered it ahead of time.
    Overall. I'd have to say they are doing what they can & it's on backorder.

14. Apr 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    Noooo problems and the free shipping is always nice!:cool:

15. Apr 3, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    San Diego
    If you do find items for cheaper please let us know we will price match before you purchase and a year after the purchase date making sure you get the best deal with us. Also if there is something you are looking at please shoot me a PM and I can see what I can do for you as well.
    AJ

16. Apr 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    Lol.. free shipping, always have discounts, and all you have to do is ask and they will usually give you a better deal.

17. Apr 4, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    car78412

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma reg cab 4x4
    I constantly receive promotional emails from your site promoting an extra 10 or 15 percent off. When I enter in the promotion code to order it replys that the discount is already applied. I go to another site and the price is cheaper but when you add the shipping its the same price as yours with the so called discount.
    To be specific, I just ordered vent visors from Weathertech. Their price was $59.95 plus $15.00 shipping for a total of $74.95. I go to your site and the exact same vent visors was $74.95 with free shipping. So where is your discount? Again, smoke and mirrors.

18. Apr 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    San Diego
    So on all of those emails there will be a link to a restrictions list where we list out the manufactures who do not qualify for the discount. These restrictions are set by the manufacture themselves and do not allow us to sell their products below a certain price, we call it MAP (Manufactures Advertised Pricing). Weathertech for example is the king of MAP, like Apple products anywhere you go you will notice Weathertech products being sold for the same price, they control what the retailers could sell their products for (shipping included); we include the shipping in the price while others add it on after. Again we do have the 1 year price match guarantee though on ALL products; so in case a manufacture like weathertech decides to lower their price or allows us to run a sale on the item and you purchased within the last year you can get a credit back for the difference. I understand though were you are coming from and apologize if it comes off as a bait and switch technique. I would suggest however if you do enter a promo code and it doesn't work to give us a call and 9 times out of 10 we can still offer you something.
    AJ

19. Apr 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    Looks like they are right on top of things here, that's for sure. I have ordered from them several times, always no problems.

20. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    car78412

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma reg cab 4x4
    I am sure customer service is excellent with your company. I cannot dispute it since I have no experience with buying anything from Autoanything. Many people on this forum like dealing with you.
    However, no one is going to read the fine print behind the banners blazing big discounts in your ads and no one is going to look for a lower price on an item a year after they buy it unles you notify them and give them a refund. I doubt very much that you will do this. And I am not going to call you to negotiate a price. The only thing that I find distasteful is your marketing techniques. I realize that there are many businesses that use these techniques. I choose not to patronize them. I appreciate your explanations and I understand your position. Please understand mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top