1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone heard of Rough Out Products

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by mr.trd, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Nov 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    mr.trd

mr.trd [OP] Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Like the title says, has anyone heard of Rough Out Products. It is a local company here in Pocatello and the owner tracked me down to show me his product and see if I wanted to buy one and to see if he could use my truck in some advertising. Looks like a pretty sweet setup. Here is a link to their website.

http://web.mac.com/amberalder/iWeb/Site 8/Welcome.html

Let me know what you guys think. They want to get one color matched to my truck to use for advertising and to have me haul around to some of the off-road events just to help them get some exposure. Sounds good to me but still need to look into it all.

2. Nov 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    definately pricey....i love this line though....

• Bigger tires help fuel economy

3. Nov 12, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Good ideas, but pricey. You could probably get a nice toy box for $8500 right now..

4. Nov 12, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness

Wait wait wait......you mean the bigger my tires, the better my fuel economy??????????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

To think all this time it was making it worse.......:rolleyes:

5. Nov 13, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Thanks for the responses guys. Just trying to do some research to see what everyone thinks about it before I go in with them. Because as you know, if my truck is all over there adds, it doesn't matter if you work for them or not, people will ask you about it.

So here are some questions....

Pricey, compared to what, the only other trailer of its kind is Expedition Trailers and they are more money with less comfort.

Flex, why do you need flex on a trailer, the flex is in the ball.

Bigger tires, I have asked them about that and yeah you can lift it more to get bigger tires on it.

And I will ask them about A/C cause that is a great point. Around here in the mountains no need, but it has a heater for this area. Maybe some need A/C units and no heaters....

6. Nov 13, 2008 at 1:05 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    I agree that that is alot of money on a small trailer, but if that is the kind of trailer you want then Rough Out and Expedition Trailers is about the only choices you have, for that kind of trailer. It has a ton of clearance because of the Torsion bar axle and I see what you mean about flex. I mentioned that to them and they are going to R&D some other designs later. Right now it works but there is room for improvement, but they want to keep the clearance and keep it cost effective I guess. I'll let you know how it does when I get hooked up to one. I know I won't let them take pics of my truck hooked to it in town, we will be going out for the good pics. And then I can test it some....

Products Discussed in

To Top