1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone heard of Rough Out Products

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by mr.trd, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Nov 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    mr.trd

mr.trd [OP] Are you Recreationally Insane? Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant Luckow
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 D-cab TRD Off-Road
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon UCA, Icon rear resi-shocks, OME Dakar w/ AAL, custom Crown Performance brake lines, U-bolt flip, FJ alloys wrapped in 285/70R17 BFG A/T KO's for when I want something different than the Bronze Konigs, CBI Off-Road Fab. cut bed bumper with swing-away tire carrier, CBI Front Bumper, CBI kickout sliders, Bestop soft topper, BHLM, yellow bulbs, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, Borla muffler after a custom high clearance y-pipe behind Doug Thorley long tube headers, ventvisors, tinted windows.
    Like the title says, has anyone heard of Rough Out Products. It is a local company here in Pocatello and the owner tracked me down to show me his product and see if I wanted to buy one and to see if he could use my truck in some advertising. Looks like a pretty sweet setup. Here is a link to their website.

http://web.mac.com/amberalder/iWeb/Site 8/Welcome.html

Let me know what you guys think. They want to get one color matched to my truck to use for advertising and to have me haul around to some of the off-road events just to help them get some exposure. Sounds good to me but still need to look into it all.

2. Nov 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    definately pricey....i love this line though....

• Bigger tires help fuel economy

3. Nov 12, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Port Hueneme
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    Good ideas, but pricey. You could probably get a nice toy box for $8500 right now..

4. Nov 12, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Kyle, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness

Wait wait wait......you mean the bigger my tires, the better my fuel economy??????????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

To think all this time it was making it worse.......:rolleyes:

5. Nov 13, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant Luckow
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 D-cab TRD Off-Road
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon UCA, Icon rear resi-shocks, OME Dakar w/ AAL, custom Crown Performance brake lines, U-bolt flip, FJ alloys wrapped in 285/70R17 BFG A/T KO's for when I want something different than the Bronze Konigs, CBI Off-Road Fab. cut bed bumper with swing-away tire carrier, CBI Front Bumper, CBI kickout sliders, Bestop soft topper, BHLM, yellow bulbs, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, Borla muffler after a custom high clearance y-pipe behind Doug Thorley long tube headers, ventvisors, tinted windows.
    Thanks for the responses guys. Just trying to do some research to see what everyone thinks about it before I go in with them. Because as you know, if my truck is all over there adds, it doesn't matter if you work for them or not, people will ask you about it.

So here are some questions....

Pricey, compared to what, the only other trailer of its kind is Expedition Trailers and they are more money with less comfort.

Flex, why do you need flex on a trailer, the flex is in the ball.

Bigger tires, I have asked them about that and yeah you can lift it more to get bigger tires on it.

And I will ask them about A/C cause that is a great point. Around here in the mountains no need, but it has a heater for this area. Maybe some need A/C units and no heaters....

6. Nov 13, 2008 at 1:05 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant Luckow
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 D-cab TRD Off-Road
    I agree that that is alot of money on a small trailer, but if that is the kind of trailer you want then Rough Out and Expedition Trailers is about the only choices you have, for that kind of trailer. It has a ton of clearance because of the Torsion bar axle and I see what you mean about flex. I mentioned that to them and they are going to R&D some other designs later. Right now it works but there is room for improvement, but they want to keep the clearance and keep it cost effective I guess. I'll let you know how it does when I get hooked up to one. I know I won't let them take pics of my truck hooked to it in town, we will be going out for the good pics. And then I can test it some....

To Top