1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone know anything about this company/stuff?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by NumNutz, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Sep 18, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz [OP] One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
  2. Sep 18, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    XrunnIT

XrunnIT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    1GR-GZE X-Runner
    Built Motor by LC Engineering Boosted by TRD
    I know a guy personally that has dealt with them a lot. He built his 1GR with the TTC rods and pistons (Pauter rods, and 9.5CR pistons). And so far he's had nothing but good things to say about them.

A bit pricey, but you usually get what you pay for.

To date i haven't heard of any trucks with the cams that are state side. They were built for an overseas truck.

I believe the guys name is Eric at TTC that has been working with the 1GR.

The ARP head studs, and valve springs would be very nice to have for the heavily modded motors.

3. Sep 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I don't have much info on the cams from first hand experience, but I can offer a little. Valve springs are something that are best needed when you have the both of the variables met. High horsepower, and High RPM (as in raised rev limiter). They will prevent valve float at high rpm which can be disasterous.
    As for rods and pistons, the stock one do just fine for what they were made for. Until you raise the boost. One, the top ring land isn't made for high boost, which can lead to blow by. Bad. Two the stock ratio is a little high for our motor when being boosted under stock components. Less forgiving than a lowered compression. They also simply aren't designed to handle those pressures of a higher horsepower motor. This is why you get forged. Stock rods are way to narrow, and are a cheapish powder typed metal design. Not strong at all. I have seen what they look like broken. Sad. Nor are they balanced to strict tolerances. Get a set of quality forged internals and they will be. Excellent for if you want to raise the rpm, add more boost or go with NOS. No one besides TRD has had a crank made yet, so with that said the forged rods and pistons will be able to hande more than it.
    If someone were to go this far into building the motor, then the ARP head studs are a must also. Since the stock bolts are a torque to yield design that stretches upon install. If you remove it, then it is trash. ARP head studs for our motor are very expensive. About $530. But you won't have to worry about having a compression leak due to bolt stretch. Minus cams, valve springs, crank,and ARP studs(which are on order) I have built my motor. Runs great. At 12 PSI and with 107 IAT temps, my truck runs smooth under full boost. Makes great power as well considering that I have 35" mud tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top