1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone notice that there bed is mounted crooked?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by danmckennat, Mar 30, 2009.

1. May 7, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    HIGGI

HIGGI Member

Member:
    hi desert
    Vehicle:
    2009 pyrite mica dc o/r 3"lifted debadged
    mine was shifted sideways to the left 3/8". so i loosened the torx and straightened it out then retorqued it

2. Aug 25, 2016 at 5:43 PM
    cyrylnr7

cyrylnr7 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TacomaTRD
    None
    Dude, the service manager at the dealership (Elmhurst Toyota) told me that it is the full tank of gas that is tilting my bed by 1/2 inch to the left (the entire body is 1/2 inch lower on the frame on the left side v. the right side; you can see that looking and measuring the distance between the frame and the bed above the rear wheels). I mean, the truck looks like a joke from behind...totally tilted to the left v the ground. I can't believe I missed that piece before I drove off the lot...and it is a brand new truck! I asked the guy: Are you telling me that 120lbs in the tank are going to tilt a truck by 1/2 inch with a 1500-lb load capacity? I also asked him to put 120 lbs on the other side and see if it evens out. He refused to do that. So I said: Are all cars with a full tank of gas tilted by 1/2 inch? ...following his logic... and he said: yes! ...at that point I hung up. Then I tried calling Toyota and getting a hold of an engineer to get the tolerance spec on the tilt (all vehicles tilt a little bit, but not to the extent that it looks like a car after an accident. ...they will not let me talk to an engineer. All I can do is sue Toyota Corp. There is literally nothing you can do as a consumer.

Products Discussed in

To Top