1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone on here from Kelowna??

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Eesh, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Nov 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Toyota tech should know to do a VSC re-calibration after a lift.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/41215-lift-vsc-answer.html

2. Nov 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Interested in the floor mats! Could I come take a look?

My iPhone won't let me pm you

3. Nov 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    Privateer

Privateer Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD 4X4
    N-Fab nerf bars, N-Fab light bar, PIAA 580s, Toyota roof rack, Toyota hood deflector, Toyota door visors, Toyota bed extender, Toyota bed Matt, Toyota skid plate, Rev-Tech level lift W/ add a leaf, mayhem 18s W/ Fierce attitude 32x12.5, Putco HID interior LED lighting, TRD Cold Air Intake, Banks Power 3" Cat Back Monster Exhaust, Weather Tech digital fit floor liners

Toyota tech should know that... And it was done three times still nothing but issues also spoke to 4 other customers who used lifts less than 3 inches ALL with problems ALL who had everything reset.

This problem got so bad on my truck it was the reason I sold it. And before you go on a rant about how I'm stupid the lift was a level lift installed by a certified technician properly, the alinement was done afterwards, all skid pad settings steering angle sensors and all that other junk was reset to zero after the lift. I had the add a leaf from re tech (but also talked to people who did nothing to the rear and also one person on blocks all with my same issue ) my rims were backspaced/offset properly at 4.5 I believe it was and I was running a nice wide m/t so if anything my truck should have been more stable than factory ever was

We tried everything short of reprogramming for my speedometer since my tires only threw out the speedo 3.8% it's not going to make a difference traveling west side road my traction control would go off religiously also on some corners of hwy 1 near 3 valley gap and also in west kelowna on old okanagan hwy. first the annoying buzzer and flashing light then my brakes would decide the truck was skidding and rapidly activate abs to try to contain the skid that was not happening. 99% of the time almost causing an accident pulling the truck out of the lane towards a cliff or into oncoming traffic

ACCORDING TO TOYOTA CANADA THIS IS COMPLETELY
    NORMAL THEY HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THESE TRUCKS HAVING TRACTION CONTROLL ISSUES AND ZERO OTHER CASES HAVE BEEN REPORTED

YA f&@$ing right type tacoma traction control and you end up with 300 threads toyota knows there's a problem and someone's going to have to DIE before they do anything about it because there yo scared to admit the tc in these vehicles is GARBAGE

Don't get me wrong I loved my tacoma but I now HATE toyota

I was told
    "Due to your lift, there's a section in your manual that explains the dangers of lifting your truck" yet there's trucks on the podium for sale with the same FUC@ING lift that i had... No warning stickers no information to potential buyers that traction control in this brand new 2015 tacoma could potentially lock its brakes by itself for no reason and cause an accident but its not toyota fault because the dealer put in a lift that's "warranty approved"

This will turn into a Prius situation ... Someone's going to die or get seriously hurt before toyota admits there's a problem

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  4. Nov 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    Privateer

Privateer Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD 4X4
    N-Fab nerf bars, N-Fab light bar, PIAA 580s, Toyota roof rack, Toyota hood deflector, Toyota door visors, Toyota bed extender, Toyota bed Matt, Toyota skid plate, Rev-Tech level lift W/ add a leaf, mayhem 18s W/ Fierce attitude 32x12.5, Putco HID interior LED lighting, TRD Cold Air Intake, Banks Power 3" Cat Back Monster Exhaust, Weather Tech digital fit floor liners

Can look anytime I pm'd you my number

5. Nov 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    Privateer

Privateer Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD 4X4
    Weather tech floor mats----- SOLD
    Bed mat -------SOLD

still have TRD skid plate 140

6. Nov 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    jaymac10

jaymac10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kelowna, BC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    OEM Baja Kit
    Wow, that totally sucks.

I put the TRD Baja kit on, progressive AAL, and removed my sway-bar. Obviously there is a lot more body roll without the sway-bar and I've never had my TC go off at the wrong time (yet?).

Here's me knocking on wood!

It must have just been the combination of everything you did that for whatever reason, the truck didn't like???

7. Nov 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

I've had issues with a hyper-sensitive VSC system since before I lifted , everything was fine for a year after I installed 265/70/17 Hankook MT's until I went to the dealership for the 08-09 transmission TSB that included a reflash and upload of new data to the truck's ecu , that afternoon my issues started and after 3 zero point recalibrations and alignments ( all except 1 I paid for ) the issue remains , after being told it's not possible that the VSC / Traction Control was engaging I took 5 videos of myself driving in dry conditions on a dry road that clearly show the dashboard , showing the speed I was travelling ( 60kph ) , the road conditions / curve , the VSC light flashing during engagement , the sound of the VSC chime and the sound of the ABS / VSC brake pulsation during engagement . I emailed those to my local service manager and she forwarded them to corporate and their conclusion was that the road must be slippery because it's impossible for the VSC / Traction Control system to engage otherwise .

I have been turning VSC off everytime I start the truck for about 3 years now , if I forget it engages on the first sweeping corner .

Fuck you Toyota

8. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    rhaygae11

rhaygae11 New Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    97tacool
    So great to find this forum. Just got a old taco..rusty but tons of fun..

9. Nov 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM
    Privateer

Privateer Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD 4X4

I honestly wish I could say it was my mods but my truck was modded at 20,000km and didn't have A SINGLE issue until it went in for a TSB @ 60,000 and my front differential was replaced after that my truck was an accident looking for a place to happen.

Turning the vsc off with the button does not completely turn the system off but it does retard it. I would suggest the yellow wire mod. Clip it attach it to a button and then you can push button and disable your ABS

10. Nov 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Wow, I heard VSC can be crappy post lift... But this is crazy. (My truck: 6 speed 5' box) I have an OME lift, with AAL + block in the rear, and my traction control isn't any more or less sensitive. But a friend of mine has an auto with 6' box, same lift and his TC goes off way too much to be considered normal.

I absolutely love my truck, but it will be the last Toyota I ever buy. Their customer service (@ Kelowna Toyota) is garbage, and I got the same shit from them "the price is the price" bullshit.

And their service/warranty section is full of fuck wits, all seemingly not giving a fuck whether they give good service or not.

I agree with so many others, fuck Toyota.

11. Nov 24, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Hey guys, just a reminder the okanagan toy run 4x4 trip is this Saturday if anyone wants to join! nothing crazy just some fun roads and mellow trails in the snow.

12. Nov 25, 2014 at 6:50 PM
    Privateer

Privateer Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD 4X4
    I must admit Kelowna toyota has been a massive up and down for me and it all seems to depend on who you talk to. I have had amazing service from ONE employee there Jeremy and I reccomend ANYONE with issues try to speak with him

ON THE OTHER HAND I have been told by a "toyota service advisor" at Kelowna toyota who shall remain nameless, after serching for maintenance requirements for my Tacoma he printed out the "required maintenance" to find my diff service intervals. It was not on the sheet... So what was my advise from a toyota service advisor... Pretty obvious

Idiots

Toyota uses new sealed differentials they don't need oil changes... GOD

how could I be so uneducated to the world of the sealed differential, we proceeded to argue about the existence of the mystical sealed differential for about 5 minutes until I took him outside and showed him what a differential looked like and what the purpose of the fill and drain plug were. He didn't have anything to say went inside I left the parking lot tanks for the information.

Literally advised me to never change my diff oil, glad I know better and I was not your random customer who dosent know better or I would have ruined my truck on the advise of their trained employees.

13. Nov 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    I've always received good service from their parts dept, with them.even going so far to print off parts diagram for me from their online exploded views.

14. Nov 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    The only time I have gotten good service i when I called the sales person and yelled. I didn't want it to come to that, but after 3 blower fans in 8 months... I was up to here (hand gesture to eyeballs) with the f***ing squeaking.

Although I love MY truck... unfortunately when she goes, there won't be a toyota parked in my garage.

Info on this? And requirements to join are bring a toy for salvation army??

15. Nov 26, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    swissrallyman

swissrallyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Oh Kelowna Toyota.....The manual transmission is also a sealed unit. Because it contains super special toyota oil, changing the oil will never be necessary.

I went in for the blower squeak; they worked on it for a while, then I got a bill for an hours work. Not covered under TSB or extended warranty because I had leaves on the cabin air filter which is why the blower was squeaking. LOL

Since then I pull it apart and grease it up every 6 months.

I remember when I bought the 120k km extended warranty, quote: everything covered except tires, brake pads and wiper blades. So far, not a single time has something been covered under warranty that I went in for. When I bought it, they said I get one free wheel alignment. So after 3 months is pulls a bit and I go in for the free alignment. "Have you driven this truck on a gravel road? We can tell by the condition of the undercoating" me:" well yes I have, I'm a geologist and drive gravel roads all the time" "Oh.. well since the truck has been offroad we cannot offer you the free wheel alignment any longer".

Looking at the Tacoma pamphlet in the store... Theres a Tacoma drifting over dunes in the desert...

The one place I would recommend to anyone is Williams Lake Toyota. They are beyond amazing, blew me away several times. If you have a lifted or modified truck, they won't even tell Toyota and any warranty claims will come through. Never a problem there.

16. Nov 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Yep just a bring a toy to the Rutland McDonald's parking lot at 8:30 and we go from there!

17. Nov 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...

I'll see if I can make it! Truck is currently the baby-mobile too.

18. Dec 10, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    jaymac10

jaymac10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kelowna, BC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    OEM Baja Kit
    I'd have to agree with people's comments regarding Kelowna Toyota.

A couple of times I've gone in and talked to a lady at the service desk I've left feeling like I wanted to shoot myself in the head.

Nothing but arguing with me about everything I said to her...

I actually went as far as writing an email to the service manager and CC'd another guy about my poor experience and never heard anything back.

I do my own maintenance so I've never really needed to visit the dealership. Which by my previous experiences, is perfectly fine by me!

19. Dec 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    BCBUD

BCBUD Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I moved to Westbank from Whistler so I have no local dealer. Kelowna Toyota parts excellent however I quickly switched to Penticton Toyota for service. They have Joe in service. Get to know Joe.
    I drive a 2013 silver TRD that's as common as dirt here but works for us.

20. Dec 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    VA7FQT

VA7FQT Toyoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Maple Ridge BC
    arb front bumper, warn m8000, all pro sliders/skids, OME HD, total chaos UCA, arb twin compressor
    BC Toyota 4WD coffee meet in kamloops tonight!
    Valleyview Tim Hortons. ~7:00

Come stop by if you're in the area
    Possible trail run afterwards

Products Discussed in

To Top