1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone one had their Eaton TRD Supercharger, ported + Polishing

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 1997tacomav6, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mar 15, 2019 at 5:09 PM
    Shortman5

Shortman5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    04 Supercharged TRD DC
    TRD S/C, ADS coilovers.
    I don’t think I understand. It’s definitely required. But then you go on to say that that first gen was quicker than your cooled unit? Interesting. I can tell you right now that heat soak is an issue for me.

I’m hoping that the ceramic headers I just got, the campion radiator, which had been on backprder for 2 months, and MAYBE a way to vent hot air like (god forbid) hood spacers would be enough to bring the temps down.

If only someone made a fiberglass hood with vents that didn’t look ricey. It would definitely be on my truck

2. Mar 15, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    1997tacomav6

1997tacomav6 [OP] V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger,2"pulley,meth

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    97 reg cab, v6 5sp 300hp supercharged, Methonal Injection, 585,000 plus miles, Original Owner
    V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger, 2" pulley, methanol injected AC TRD supercharger,(MUST DO) TRD supercharger ported, rebuilt 3 times over 500,000 miles, every 125,000- 150,000 needs rebuild Hella H4 German Rated Headlights HID 55 watt bulbs (MUST DO) 5 speed manual Amsoil for all drive train Smaller 2” pulley,(300hp) (MUST DO) 2004 DESNO fuel injectors, zero ping ping, 2004 side door mirrors Dick Cepek Rims, Michelin tires LTX, ( that last 100,000 miles) Now running Dynopro ATM mud and snow tires KN cold air intake Cat back exhaust with ss exhaust tip, Raised exhaust tail pipe to 2" below body line Optima*dry cell battery,red top Alpine sirius radio, 200 watt amp, focal is165 split door pod speakers Focal door speakers Subwoffer behind seat Viper alarm, Electric Locks Dark tinted windows, 4runner bucket seats, Tacoma Rubber floor mats TRD fender extenders, Bilstien shocks chrome push bar, chrome nerf bars, add a leaf for rear springs trailer iv hitch, electric brake control, Drilled slotted brakes, High carbon steel (MUST DO) EBS green stuff 7000 series pads(MUST DO) TRD engine oil cap TRD stick shift, Rear sliding window 2002 4Runner functional hood scoop cut into Tacoma hood, 4Runner dual overhead map light Gentex Auto dim + Compass + Temp, garage,rearview mirror Corbeau bucket seats Snow Methonal kit stage 2 Champion 3 core aluminum radiator Linex bed liner
    A methonal kit depending on how much you actually were spraying on Boost would solve most of your problems. A methonal kit can lower temps 100 degrees.

The heat problem is actually created by the amount of boost to push.

Each pound of boost creates 10 degrees of heat.

I have zero heat soak problems at 10 pounds of boost only after I got the methonal kit.

Before I had heat soaked issues

3. Mar 15, 2019 at 5:26 PM
    Shortman5

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    04 Supercharged TRD DC
    TRD S/C, ADS coilovers.
    Yeah, methanol is on the list. I just don’t want to deal with it yet and I can’t decide on the system I want. I’ve mentioned before in another thread that it would be perfect to be able to get rid of the 7th injector but to use the controller for timing and a menthol map. In theory I could get a PWM solenoid and hook the 7th up to it and use the map. This is the exact same setup all the companies are moving to with their top of the line systems. Hopefully it would allow me to finely tune the amout of methanol sprayed. But I don’t have the smarts to know how to rig it up like that.

I also don’t like the idea of having to keep an eye on fluid level and keeping it topped off. I’ve been thinking of installing the biggest tank I can find in the bed. Hopefully it would last several weeks.

4. Mar 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM
    DocME

DocME Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ Cruiser
    TRD S/C, UCON, 61# inj, 2.5 pulley, 7th inj, URD exhaust, Full King/ Total Chaos suspension, custom roof rack...and way too many others.
    We were both pretty heavily loaded as we were chasing/racing that weekend. He had gears/35’s and I was stock gears and 33’s. I really think it was gearing that did it, but his truck was seriously quick. With all the additions I’ve done over the years, I’m way quicker now.

5. Mar 15, 2019 at 9:28 PM
    Shortman5

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    04 Supercharged TRD DC
    TRD S/C, ADS coilovers.
    found this.

http://stiegemeier.com/trd/

Supposedly the venom cooler can lower temps by 50%. Now, how cooling the nose cone cools off the whole blower is yet been confirmed by looking at other forums. The 4.0 blower would probably have the biggest benefit since they already have the aftercooler and you can tap it in.

These guys also used to offer light weight rotors. They’re drilled by 1” all the way through and you can still find that page by a google search + steigermeier. But you cannot find it on his website from the main page. Must not offer that anymore.

1997tacomav6 [OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top