1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone running Focal ISS 570

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by EricU, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Apr 2, 2015 at 8:40 PM
    EricU

EricU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    i bought some 6.5 Focal ISS165 the other day and attempted to fit them in my front doors ('01 first gen) all went smoothly until i put the door panel back on and the door pocket hit the speaker.

Ive ordered a set of 5x7 components, but am just curious if anyone has ran them before, thoughts?

they will be powered by a JL XD700/5 amp, so getting the full RMS rated power with room to go

2. Apr 3, 2015 at 4:55 AM
    ike3000

ike3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i don't have them and haven't come across any threads where people have mentioned them.

can you trim the door panel? in my 2013 there is an additional flange/lip that protrudes out from the door card towards the door speaker. i don't have any fitment issues, but if i did, then that's the first place i would trim. i imagine the '01 door card will be fairly different.

3. Apr 3, 2015 at 8:36 AM
    EricU

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    yeah the 01 design is very limiting, the speakers i wanted to run were too deep as the window track bar is right in the middle of everything.

i didnt want to drop down to a 5 1/4 speaker although i know it wouldnt have mattered because id have the HPF set higer so they dont see any low freq.

the speakers should come in monday, i should have them in by wednesday all hooked up and ready to go. then i need to knock out a speaker box for the 2 8" w3v3 subs i have. should be a decent sounding setup

4. Apr 11, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    EricU

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    update for what its worth, installed the ISS570's the other day.
    Kenwood H/U with 4v pre outs, JL XD700.5 amp powering them and HPF set at around 120-140ish. They sound great, they do lack on the low end but i knew that when i bought them. Some music (Slayer) can sound muddy at times when at high volume, but unless im paying attention to the music 100% i really never notice as i focus more on driving.

So for those with 1st gens and want a nice set of drop in speakers (superglued(insanely strong stuff we use, holds a good bit of weight once dried ha) the new tweeter to the factory bracket), that sound great and can run off an aftermarket deck or amp. should definately check theses out.

i will be building a box for my 2 8" w3 subs this coming week so that will fill in the low end and mid bass. Should be a nice well rounded setup when complete.

5. Apr 13, 2015 at 4:22 AM
    ike3000

ike3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You could probably get away with a lower crossover point. Try 80 Hz and see how it sounds.

Products Discussed in

To Top