1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone running MB Quart 6.5 seperates?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TRDHead, May 7, 2008.

1. May 7, 2008 at 1:09 PM
    TRDHead

TRDHead [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Knoxville, Tn
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 Ex. Cab TRD 4 x 4 , 3.4L 5 spd
    All Stock
    I am looking at MB Q series and confused at so many model numbers.

DUA-216
    DSE-216
    ESA-216

and wondering what is the difference in the prefix on the model numbers? anyone running any of these give me some insights on the sound. I will be installing in a 98 ext. cab Tacoma. I would like seperates up front and use a 4runner tweeter pod and use a matching coaxial 6.5 for the rear behind factory grills.

Any ideas?

I cannot find any of the old Soundstream SPL speakers any longer and now looking for something reliable.

thanks.
    Bill

2. May 7, 2008 at 2:25 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    I cannot comment on the new MB Quart speaks since Maxxsonics took over. I do have the 3-way MB Quart QSC set for sale that is brand new in the box. Cheap I might say as well. Of course, you would have to modify something to make it work. I have been debating on using them myself. I would suggest 6.5 in factory loacations, 4" in the kicks and twwets also in the kicks or in the factory locations. Let me know if you rinterested or if I can help you in anyway. I can talk audio all day long.

3. May 8, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    Awesome talking to you about old skool stuff. You definatley have some old skool stuuf I would LOVE to have!

4. May 9, 2008 at 5:04 AM
    TRDHead

TRDHead [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Knoxville, Tn
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 Ex. Cab TRD 4 x 4 , 3.4L 5 spd
    All Stock
    Yea, I could have went on for hours. The brownies were good also.

I would say that the equipment that I have will not see daylight for about 10 years and then I will let it go. Could be part of my retirement you know. Lets keep it between us on what LITTLE stuff I have , I don't want anyone jumping me wanting to buy it. LOL

I have some research to do for seperates and I really appreciate the info.

Bill

5. Jul 28, 2008 at 8:36 AM
    wgm661

wgm661 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    Ipod Controls... SoFar
    I have two sets of the 6.5 esa MB's at 100 watts each on two alpine MVR 1000's (awesome classic v-power alpines arguably the best alpine has ever produced) in my 08 access cab. They seem to be very happy with the power the amp's produce. I selected these with the fear that the reference line would have mounting depth issues in the front doors.

They have a healthy burn-in at around or over 20 hours, this took some time driving only 12 miles a day. After they finally burn-in they produce very even MB quart sound and a good sound stage. Unfortunately the back doors resonate to much for my taste and need to be overly crossed over at least 80hz, I have the front's at 55hz and the doors are fine.

I was very surprised to find these low cost quarts perform so well. One down side is like all lines in the brand they can and will highlight any weak link in the system, cheap power, cheap deck/processing, and worst of all low quality MP3's and I mean anything below 256k. But if you are using CD, VBR or 256+ MP3's files they sound great.

6. May 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I hate to bring up an old post but, I have the same speakers and the same truck. I wanted to know what you did and if you have any pictures of your stereo install?

Thanks,

Killer

7. May 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    I ran the older MB Quart Reference series for a long time but their newer stuff just got cheaper IMO.

Products Discussed in

To Top