1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone Sellin 17" Black Steelies?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by MidNightLyle84, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    MidNightLyle84

MidNightLyle84 [OP] Rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Hershey, Pa
    Vehicle:
    Naked 07 Black TRD Sport
    Tinted Windows, TRD Exhaust with Flowmaster Muffler, AEM CAI, N-Fab Step Bars, Mesh Grille, Hunter Bull Bar, Billies On All 4 Corners, Toytec Rear AAL, Tinted Tails and Third Brake Lights, 265/70/17 BStone A/T Duelers wrapped around Mickey Sidebiters.
    Not sure how many steelies are available at 17" but if anyone is sellin 4 I might be interested...

2. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wish you would have asked this a couple weeks ago... just threw away like 4 sets of stock black 17" steel FJ cruiser wheels... Try calling your local dealer and ask them if they have any take-off's. They can be had for super cheap and the dealer is happy to make something off them than nothing off 'em. If they sit around too long, they just get thrown out.

3. Jan 19, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    MidNightLyle84

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Hershey, Pa
    Vehicle:
    Naked 07 Black TRD Sport
    Tinted Windows, TRD Exhaust with Flowmaster Muffler, AEM CAI, N-Fab Step Bars, Mesh Grille, Hunter Bull Bar, Billies On All 4 Corners, Toytec Rear AAL, Tinted Tails and Third Brake Lights, 265/70/17 BStone A/T Duelers wrapped around Mickey Sidebiters.
    I am in no hurry, since it is winter here in PA still but thanks for lookin out, I might make a few calls if no one on here is sellin any within the next couple months...

4. Jan 19, 2010 at 6:25 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Damn!!!! I'd love to have some of those.

5. Jan 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honestly there aren't a lot of people buying FJ's anymore, but a few years ago when they were I'd say 90% of them we got in stock had steel wheels. Almost every single one of them we (read:usually me unless it was my day off) upgraded to some form of aluminum wheel. We had so many of the damn things stacking up, it was ridiculous. centercaps and all.

Personally, I love my 15" wheels. A set of 33's or 35's for a 15 is a WHOLE lot cheaper than a set of 33's or 35's for a 17.

I'll take a look out back and see if there might still be a set lingering around in the corner or behind the shed or something, but I really doubt it. Today was my day off, but I'll check for ya tomorrow. If so you can have 'em for whatever shipping costs for them, though you might be a little cheaper if a local dealership has a set of take-off's and offer 'em 20 or 25 bucks a piece for 'em. I'm sure shipping wouldn't be cheap, but i'll let ya know.

6. Jan 21, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    MidNightLyle84

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Hershey, Pa
    Vehicle:
    Naked 07 Black TRD Sport
    I never said FJ or wanted FJ wheels. I just didn't know if there were any 17" black steel wheels out there and if so is anyone sellin them. I know it is a long shot. I have time I don't have to get the wheels now. I usually only see steelies in 15" or 16." What kind of tacoma do you have pb4ugotobed? I have an 07 sport with the 17'' stocks on and I eventually was just gonna get a set of black wheels in 17" because I am gettin new tires real soon to fit the 17's.

7. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    MidNightLyle84

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Hershey, Pa
    Vehicle:
    Naked 07 Black TRD Sport
    I saw cragar makes 17" I am gettin duratracs and on tire rack they don't have em for 16's

8. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    cragar soft 8s, rock crawler, etc usually only like 60each or so

9. Jan 22, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    MidNightLyle84

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Hershey, Pa
    Vehicle:
    Naked 07 Black TRD Sport
    Anthony do you know the exact size wheel I would need for an 07 trd sport 4x4 6 cylinder with 17" stock sport wheels? I never really understood or know the whole wheel size and dimensions aspect all I know is that it is a 6 lug.

10. Jan 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    contact sincitytaco, since he cant sell his 17" alloys, he just might have a set of the FJ steelies! FYI, he got them for free, so dont pay too much...!

Products Discussed in

To Top