1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone Tow with a Relentless Bumper?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by NCjaybird, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Feb 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    NCjaybird

NCjaybird [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue Dbl Cab Sport 4x4
    Lifted 3" on 33s, Moto Metal 17s, Relentless Front & Rear bumbers, Rock sliders, Bed Cover, Audio system
    I have an 08 with a Relentless bumper and a hitch setup. I know they don't rate their bumpers (and I understand why), but I'm curious if any of you have the bumber and tow with it? Like 4-5K pounds of towing. I'm thinking about pulling a travel trailer with it, so I'm curious if anyone has any experience towing decent loads with these bumpers.
    Here is the exact bumper I have: http://www.relentlessfabrication.com/collections/toyota/products/05-15-tacoma-rear-plate-bumper

Any help is appreciated!

2. Feb 26, 2016 at 2:54 AM
    GYOAZ

GYOAZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5 4X4 MGM access cab
    Billies and Eibachs, Camburg BJ UCAs, Demello hybrid sliders SOS HC rear bumper, SOS front bumper, Warn M80000, fully armored, Safari snorkel, No-slip locker, diff breather, bumper and roof mounted light bars, onboard Viair, 275/70 17 BFG ATs, and a badass sound system.
    I just two weeks ago towed with my high clearance SOS bumper, similar design as relentless and also not technically tow rated. I pulled a 4500 lb travel trailer and it did fine. I did have to get a 10" drop hitch.

3. Feb 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    NCjaybird

NCjaybird [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue Dbl Cab Sport 4x4
    Lifted 3" on 33s, Moto Metal 17s, Relentless Front & Rear bumbers, Rock sliders, Bed Cover, Audio system
    Thanks GYOAZ. I'm going to have a welder take a look at my bumper and get his opinion on if/how it needs to be beefed up too.

4. Feb 26, 2016 at 3:25 PM
    GYOAZ

GYOAZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5 4X4 MGM access cab
    Billies and Eibachs, Camburg BJ UCAs, Demello hybrid sliders SOS HC rear bumper, SOS front bumper, Warn M80000, fully armored, Safari snorkel, No-slip locker, diff breather, bumper and roof mounted light bars, onboard Viair, 275/70 17 BFG ATs, and a badass sound system.
    My buddy who is a fabricator/machinist said that he thought my bumper was beefier than the factory hitch. The thing is designed for vehicle recovery, that can be much more force than simply towing, however it's for a shorter amount of time.

NCjaybird [OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top