1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone who's replaced a factory HU

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bmgreene, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jan 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    bmgreene

bmgreene [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    L.A. Westside
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Prinsu Cabrack, DIY custom in-bed storage/sleeping deck, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    I'm trying to find out the manufacturer and possibly the model number of the head unit that's in my 2010 Prerunner TRD. Toyota's central "tech support" department told me they don't know what it is, but they frequently use Alpine or Pioneer in some vehicles.

I've got the single disk AM/FM/CD with satellite capability and aux input in the dash. Came as part of the TRD/SR5 package but without the JBL Bluetooth or 6-disk changer upgrades. Should be the base model unit for all the 2009-2010 models (or whenever the aux input and satellite antenna became standard).

Hoping that someone out there who replaced their factory HU might have the old one sitting around and can check the label on it.

2. Jan 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    my replaced HU due to the issues with the 09's is a delphi. the one taken out was a panasonic or a pioneer, can't remember exactly but i'm leaning towards it being a panasonic.

3. Jan 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    bmgreene

bmgreene [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    L.A. Westside
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Prinsu Cabrack, DIY custom in-bed storage/sleeping deck, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    thanks,

I may have found an alternative angle on sizing the aux line amp I'm looking to build. Looks like my mp3 player (sony mp3 walkman) puts out a little less than 1/3 the power of an iPod classic, so I'm feeling pretty safe about using an adjustable gain of 2-3 without endangering the input circuit.

Products Discussed in

To Top