1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone work for Toyota???

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by DeeKay21, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jun 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 [OP] Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Okay so I'm sure most of you know my truck broke down the other day. With the help of a few people on here and some tests with a volt meter, I am 99% sure it is the alternator that went out. Now my question is for anyone that either works for a Toyota dealership or has any experience with them? ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO COME TOW MY TRUCK FOR ME AT THEIR COST SINCE ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY??? Now I live in a smaller rural town and had to drive into the Salt Lake City are that is about 130 miles away one-way. I have heard from a couple of people that they will only tow up to a certain amount of miles? But in the warranty book that came with the truck, it just says that they are supposed to tow it to the nearest dealership and thats it. I can't find anything that says certain mileage?:cool:

2. Jun 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Did you call Toyota Corporate? Reading over my extended warranty paperwork, it claims Toyota will pay the towing of your vehicle to the nearest Toyota dealer?? I guess based on that, it would mean the 130 miles to Salt Lake for you. I would think Toyota would tell you to take it to a local mechanic and they'll work something out with them and flip the bill.

3. Jun 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Well I talked to one of the service guys yesterday about and I told him the problem and he just said to bring it in and didn't offer to tow it in or nothing. For some stupid reason I forgot to ask him if they are supposed to cover that part of it. But I know they won't say anything about it until the customer brings it up. I also have the 6/75,000 mile Portfolio extended warranty if that means anything. But that shouldn't matter because I bought my truck in August of 2006 so it hasn't hit 3 years yet and it only has like 25,400 miles on it.

4. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
  5. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I'm going to go along with Stevie on this. I think they will let you take it to a ASE certified shop and have the repair done. Call Toyota Corporate in the AM before you do anything.

6. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Sounds like Toyota was just to take a poop on your birthday.. sorry bro..

7. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Well I hope not because all the shops in my town are crooks. There's only like 2 shops out here total! I am going to call the dealership again tomorrow where I bought it from and try and work something out. I'm thinking with the $2000 other dollars I spent on the extended warranty, that they could at least come get the damn thing.:cool:

8. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I know huh? What a bday present. At least its not my daily driver that I depend on! Then I would have really been screwed!!:eek:

9. Jun 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Well they just cane and got my truck about a half hour ago. Dealership said they would take care of it!!! It was actually easier then I thought it would be. I think I just got lucky to be honest with you.:eek:

10. Jun 22, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    TacoMOnster07

TacoMOnster07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    BHLM, Grillcraft, Urd SS, Urd TCAI, Urd MAF Calibrator, AeroTurbine Exhaust, TacoTune Single Din, Two 8" Infinity Subs, 12-13000 HID's, Xtreme Bedrack light bar with two KC 4 by 6 lights.
    +2 Dealerships "cause they had to drive far". A lot of dealerships get a bad rep. Glad to hear the good outcome. I didn't purchase the extended warranty, I just hit 36,000 earlier in the week. It was a sad day, just as I was arriving home and parked in my drive way. I might have let out a single tear.

11. Jun 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    DeeKay21

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Well one of the service techs called me this afternoon and said it was the alternator. They ordered a new one and should be getting it Thursday or Friday! Seems a little longer then I thought but what can I do!:eek: I also told them about the possible leaking of a fluid near my engine block. He said they would look into it and see whats going on.:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top