1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARB bumper (I got the shakes) :)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sprink669, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jun 27, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    Sprink669

Sprink669 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I installed my ARB bumper this weekend on my 2010 DBL cab and was wondering how much movement does the ARB or any other after market bumper move when hitting some big bumps on the road? I can see the top bar moving when hitting some big bumps on the road. Just curious...

2. Jun 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    I did mine a few weeks ago, and noticed the same thing. I went back a rechecked all the bolts ( all tightened with an air ratchet) and still see the same thing. I'm not too worried about it, but it does seem weird.

3. Jun 27, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    graymaurer

graymaurer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD V6
    I have a gen one but when I installed mine it was SOLID. I can put all 225lbs of me on the front bar and it doesn't budge. You should be able to stand in front of it and pull up and down with no effect. If not, pull I apart and check everything. That is one piece you don't want to fail.

4. Jun 27, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    I think it's the frame moving back and forth. My brushguard has a lot of movment to it. I have a trend with a 2500 dodge and his hood and arb oscillate in different directions the entire time. It looks funny but it's on correct. Check the bolts and call it good.

5. Jun 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    Sprink669

Sprink669 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah that is what I thought but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one. I am going to recheck the nuts and bolts. I will tell you that the ARB is built tough, and was shipped in a box on a pallet and was well packed and did not have a scratch or any damage. I have bought a ton of Jeep parts and the ARB was the first product that I have bought that was shipped and packed excellent with 5 out of 5 stars!

Products Discussed in

To Top