1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arbitration didn't go well..........

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by XJ1100JKen, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Aug 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM
    Yotabilly

Yotabilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    2013 4cyl,5spd.4x4 Reg Cab
    UWS low profile toolbox, tint, rainguards, color matched grill surround 265/75r16 Goodyear Duratracs Ultra-Guage XB fogs, Weathertech Floor Liners, OME 884s, 2"AAL, Bilstein 5100s, FJ Trail Team wheels, Matt123 skid plate, 30" light bar, Rigid Duallys, Bed extender
    ^^^ I remember a guy here who had the tailgate and sides of his truck plastered with " I bought this lemon(pic of lemon) at ......

2. Aug 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

EatMyTacomaDust Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 "Black Beauty" Baja DC 4x4
    ICON 3" LIFT, Console Vault, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles - 1/2 Piped, Undercover SE Tonneau
    Yeah it's so sad, but having to deal with car dealerships is an extremely painful process from the moment you walk on the lot. I honestly can't believe how much car dealers / salesmen don't know about the very cars they sell.

And yes I have heard very positive things about the double cardan joint. Stay on the dealer and let them know you want satisfaction like cd god said. Be calm cool and collective but give a deadline for satisfaction.

At that point, I don't know how much you want to stay in a Tacoma, but worse case scenario is you trade for a new truck, take the hit and chalk it up to an unfortunate experience. We all have them, you can only do your best in a situation you've been placed in. In the end getting what you want can offset the pain of some financial lose. [Yeah right]

Option 2 - Keep your Tacoma and fix the issues yourself. I would start at the one piece drive line and go from there. Maybe put an add a leaf or new springs or spring helper on as well. The 2nd Gen Tacoma has a LONG history of problems remaining unresolved since it's inception.

Sorry to hear about all this man, keep us posted on what's going on.

3. Aug 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    XJ1100JKen

XJ1100JKen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    We had a "sit down" with the owner of Toyota of Murfreesboro, Andy Obeissy. He was not interested in resolving the issue, or in taking care of the customer. When I suggested that he take the truck back and return my 2013 KIA Optima SX, he said it was too late the truck is now a used vehicle.. that was within the first week. You are right, the only thing anybody was concerned about at the beginning of this process was making sure we filled out some stupid survey (from Toyota) with all excellent marks.. pff that didn't happen.

The dealership is out of the equation at this point, as is the arbitrator. We are dealing directly with Toyota Corp. We thought about the negative campaign with signs and banners, sitting across from the dealership.. we might go there, but for now having an attorney submit the Lemon Law claim is the best course of action. Pretty confident Toyota will settle rather than sending a team to fight this case. If they lose, it's buying the truck back (all payments made, taxes, fees etc), paying for repairs we we have completed and paying all our legal fees.

This my sound corny or like a waste of time..........

I've always backed off and accepted what big companies dish out, never filed a dispute etc. Not this time... for once, we have the resources AND the connections to push back, fight and win.

4. Aug 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    The6pharaohs

The6pharaohs WTF just happened?

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Eagle Mountain Utah
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB Offroad with JBL premium tech package
    Upgraded from 2012 DCSB TRD Offroad Entune JBL w/nav
    Good luck OP. Stand your ground

5. Aug 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Thank you..

6. Aug 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ICON 3" LIFT, Console Vault, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles - 1/2 Piped, Undercover SE Tonneau
    Sounds like your right on target with your solution. I would be pissed. Yeah I saved my survey and I'm going to slam my dealer on my purchase simply because they deserve it - worst experience ever. The only reason I bought the truck from them was because it was the only Black Baja DC in the state.

Glad you are standing up for yourself.

7. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Has the dealership tried anything or just referring to it as a characteristic?

8. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    I followed another thread here a while back, the op and a few other contributors walked everybody through aligning the DS, trans (output), diff (input) and adjusting the carrier bearing to align the two piece DS. I completed this procedure.. a few times and everything was within specs.

Our DS was not straight or balanced well from the factory. Truing/balancing did not eliminate or even reduce the vibration.

9. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Well, since Toyota does not have a fix and dealing with "them" has been pretty bad at every level.. a buyback is the only option at this point.

10. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    I can relate.. I had a Honda Accord LXi many years ago. Bought it from a dealer in Fresno or clovis CA. It a vibration in the right from axle/cv that got worse after the first few months of driving it.. They brushed it off, they said it wasn't significant enough to worry about, probably a bad tire. I rotated the tires, vibe in the same place. I Couldn't afford to fight them, so I drove off.

About a year later I traded it for a Pathfinder..

11. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    crux

crux Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    OR
    Honeycomb composite sleeper platform.
    I would aim for a buyout over buyback. Seriously use social media on both the dealer and Toyota. You will have a call back before the day is out.

12. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Yeah, the rims on this one look terrible. Looks like I've had the tires replaced half a dozen times.

Any word from the dealer or corp whether or not they plan on making things right for you?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  13. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Can you elaborate on the difference between the two? Thanks.

14. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    I have called a couple stations, neither were interested in running with the story.. I might call a couple more and maybe now with the crappy arbitration decision they might investigate. One problem though, TN has many car manufacturing plants, Toyota included, they might not want to piss them off.. I dunno.

15. Aug 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Did you file the lemon law claim yourself with no attorney? I'm assuming you went through the arbitration process with NCDS prior to filing the lemon law claim?

Everybody I've talked to about this has said "don't do it w/o a lawyer". If we "win" our attorney fees will be paid by Toyota, it's TN law.

16. Aug 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
  17. Aug 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Thank you! I'll check them out tomorrow.. gotta sign off for some zzzzz

18. Aug 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    XJ1100JKen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    And thanks again to everybody, I really appreciate the support and suggestions and some people reaching out to help, Fantastic!

19. Aug 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    TACOMA GNOME

TACOMA GNOME Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    13, SR5, 4x4, silver
    Nothing much. I haven't been bitten by the mod bug. A little plasti dip. And a set of Wet Okole seat covers with gun pouch.
    I had that problem with a ford truck I once drove. No hopping or vibe issues with my Tacoma. I feel your pain, though.

20. Aug 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I'm going through my own sort of hell with toyota & one of their dealerships. There is no way for you to win. Alot of technical information can only be accessed by the dealership and not even through toyota customer service. And even when speaking with them they told me they always listen to the department manager. So toyota is REALLLY bad and shifting fault. The dealer can shift the fault of the vehicle to build and toyota will say its normal, or the dealer will make an error and it'll go the other way. NEVER in my life have I had the issues i've had with toyota the last few months and I promise to never own one of their vehicles again.

Products Discussed in

To Top