1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are no front mudflaps legal in MT, ID, WY, OR, WA?

Discussion in 'North West' started by kryten, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    kryten

kryten [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DCSB 6MT 4x4
    1" lift from 3rd gen suspension, 265/75/16 ATs
    I'm leaving on a two week road trip later today and just thought I ask. I currently have only the rear flaps on the truck as the front ones rub somewhat because of my 4.5bs wheels. I do have fronts, but so far the plan is to put them back on the truck for winter when I put on stock wheels and winter tires.

I'll be going through Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington in the next few weeks. Do I need to put front flaps on? Is it illegal to not have front flaps? Thanks.

2. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    don't think you need em in OR.

3. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    No expert here but there are lots of trucks sold brand new from the dealer without any mud flaps front or rear. I don't believe it's a law in any state to have mud flaps. Most likely the law reads something like top half of the tire must be covered and the wheel well takes care of that. Only 18 wheelers and some other specialty trucks have completely exposed tires that require flaps to keep debris from hitting other vehicles.

4. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    MT4x4Tacoma

MT4x4Tacoma MT4x4Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Danielle
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Sport
    Rancho quick lift in the front w/ SPC UCA's, Rancho adjustable shocks rear. And hopefully more to come
    In montana i dont believe you need front flaps, however I know if you have a lifted or larger truck you need rear mud flaps.

5. Jul 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    kryten

kryten [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DCSB 6MT 4x4
    1" lift from 3rd gen suspension, 265/75/16 ATs
    Thanks for the info. I won't worry about it then. I don't have a lift, just a stock Tacoma with 4.5bs aftermarket wheels and 265/75/16 tires and rear mud flaps on only.

Changing the topic. Any recomended, hiking trails, camping spots, roads to take, things to see, beeches to visit etc for me along the way? The general direction for the trip is a loop that goes something like this: From Alberta to Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP, Crater Lake NP, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier NP, Tacoma/Seattle?, Olympic NP, Vancouver Island and back to Alberta...

6. Jul 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Sounds like a great trip. Wyomingnis in the all clear for mud flaps

One of my fav hike is Avalache Peak in the park. There are ton tho that I have done that i can't really think of right now tho

Products Discussed in

To Top