1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are small trucks beat more than big ones?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bobwilson1977, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mar 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Something I've noticed around here anyway is that if I'm going down the road, the trucks that seem to always be beat to pieces, full of dents, or covered with splatters of paint and stuff are always small trucks like the small tacos, Rangers, S-10's and so on. Meanwhile if you see say- a nice big F-150 or Silverado, the things are spotless and obviously used to haul nothing but kids and groceries. Anyone else noticed that?

2. Mar 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    IDK if I'd say that is a universal thing....I know that trucks used to be smaller over all. I drove by an F150 that was the same size as my Taco just the other day.

I'd also say that a lot of the REAL large trucks I've seen are newer...so less time to get beat up.

3. Mar 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Now that you mention it, It got me thinking. Either smaller ones are cheaper for companies to buy and beat, or they last longer, but show the wear accordingly

4. Mar 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    trailmaker

trailmaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    northern ca
    Vehicle:
    4wd reg cab
    there's a certain demographic that buys big trucks to get looks so they keep it in tip top shape.

5. Mar 22, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    also take into consideration that most of the full size trucks won't fit on a lot of trails, so the older and smaller trucks will see more trail time...

Products Discussed in

To Top