1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aries Bull Bar

Discussion in 'Canada' started by A A R O N, May 8, 2014.

1. May 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM
    A A R O N

A A R O N [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport DC SB
    Tinted windows, window visors, tonneau cover, locking tailgate, remote starter, chrome grill, stainless steel rolled exhaust tip.
    Hey guys, I'm lookin to get an Aries bull bar so I can mount some new lamps.

Anyone know if the skid plate that comes on the bull bar is removable? Also, do you have to remove the factory skid plate (which comes on the TRD) in order to install the bull bar?

Thanks.

2. May 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    MonsterTaco11

MonsterTaco11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allan
    Saint Hedwig, Tx
    Vehicle:
    11 Mod'd TRD OR 4x4
    TRD CAI, Monster Energry Edition Drop Star Rims, Front Icon 2.5 coilovers, Icon tubular uniball UCA's, Redline Elite hood struts, Anti Dark hood LED lights, Aries Pro grille gueard, EGR slimline vent visors, Anzo Projection Halo headlights, Icon V Dynamics Rear progressive AAL and VS 2.0 reservoir Shocks.
    I believe you can remove the skid plate with two bolts on the bottom and two Allen wrench bolts on top. I also have the stock TRD engine skid plate with tow hook and had no issues with installation.

Good Luck...

[​IMG]

3. May 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    A A R O N

A A R O N [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport DC SB
    Tinted windows, window visors, tonneau cover, locking tailgate, remote starter, chrome grill, stainless steel rolled exhaust tip.
    Sick, thanks man. I read that in some cases you may have to remove the skid plate and tow hooks and I didn't want to do that.

You thinkin about putting any lamps on the bull bar or what?

Nice whip by the way.

4. May 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    MonsterTaco11

MonsterTaco11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allan
    Saint Hedwig, Tx
    Vehicle:
    11 Mod'd TRD OR 4x4
    TRD CAI, Monster Energry Edition Drop Star Rims, Front Icon 2.5 coilovers, Icon tubular uniball UCA's, Redline Elite hood struts, Anti Dark hood LED lights, Aries Pro grille gueard, EGR slimline vent visors, Anzo Projection Halo headlights, Icon V Dynamics Rear progressive AAL and VS 2.0 reservoir Shocks.
    Thanks... I may do lights at a later time thinking on LED bar but suspension comes first so may be ahwile. The instructions also say you may have to remove the tow hooks but it went on with no issues and only took a little less than a hour with help from a friend.

5. May 11, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    southerntaco2013

southerntaco2013 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    4x4 13
    ygededuh_8be0848899bbb50b551fcf88c2edeb87d419c10f.jpg I just bought a Westin bull bar over an Aries bull bar and I put it on myself with no problems due to the skid plate and tow hook on my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top