1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arizona Paint and Body Work needed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eckcessive, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    eckcessive

eckcessive [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    in between Tacoma's
    Well... I have always wanted a Toyota Tacoma, ever since I can remember... way back in the wild paint - chrome roll bars - tons of lights days :cool:. Anyway, I finally purchased a used 2007 Double Cab TRD Offroad 4x4 in mid Dec. So I've had it for not quite two months and sure enough a girl wasn't paying attention when backing out of her drive way and backed right into the drivers side door as I was parked on the other side of the road getting mail. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, now I've got to get some body and paint work done and I was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with any of the local valley Toyota dealerships in Arizona.

I'm in Mesa and was considering going to Big Two Toyota, Earnhardt Toyota, or Tempe Toyota since they are closest to me but I really don't know much about them. Anyone got any stories or recommendations? While in there I was contemplating having the dealership perform the TSB suspension and potentially installing 5100's all the way around as well so any experience with those dealerships taking good care of Tacoma owners... like some stories I've read about the dealership just installing the 5100's at no charge because they already had everything taken apart anyway...?

Thx,
    Ken

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    Welcome From Chandler!

I go to Big two because its by my house and have never had a problem with them. But I'm not sure about paint and body work.

3. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!

I have heard good things about

Kale Collision Center, Inc.

260 S Alma School Rd

Mesa, AZ 85210
    • (480) 844-8010

4. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Welcome Ken,

Most dealerships have shops they contract out with to do the work on their vehicles when it comes to paint and body repair.

My dad had a little problem with a light pole a year or so ago and took it into Toyota at I10 and Elliot and they just sent the truck to a body shoe they contract their work out to. I would call around and find out what dealer has contracts with what places and take it into them.

Sorry to hear about the nasty bump, I hope she is paying for it.

5. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    jimker55

jimker55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco
    fortunatly, I haven't had any experience with body shops in Mesa, but you may get some more response in the AZ area of this website. (just a thought)

6. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    eckcessive

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    in between Tacoma's
    Yea, her insurance is covering it and the good thing is it was smack dab in the middle of the door so no impact to alignment of the door or other doors or trim or anything. Man it was sooo frustrating though. Before this truck I had a reg cab Ford Ranger 4banger for almost 9 years and not a single accident or anything. I finally get my nice truck and not even 2 months... BANG. Oh well, at least it was not my fault ;).

7. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    eckcessive

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    in between Tacoma's
    wow... i didn't even know there was an AZ area, yea that would have made more sense.

Products Discussed in

To Top