1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATF Fluid Flow for B&M Cooler

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by JJ04TACO, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Aug 22, 2015 at 9:55 AM
    JJ04TACO

JJ04TACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    04 White DC/TRD
    Fox 2.5 RR front, 2.0 RR rear from AccuTune Offroad, OME Dakar Leafs, Camburg Uniball UCA's, CBI Offroad Bolt on Sliders w/kickout, Scangauge II Uniden Bearcat 880 w/ 3' Firestick on CBI antenna mount B&M Trans Cooler
    Hello all, I've read numerous threads on installing coolers on the First Gen. I saw the towing bible and really good posts, but I have not seen info for the direction of flow from the lines from the trans to the factory cooler. Which hose to the factory cooler is flowing which direction. I don't know if it matters which direction the fluid flows through the coolers, but I'd like to know just in case. I've checked the FSM as well for info and haven't seen the info I am looking for.

If it doesn't matter let me know as well.

I will be mounting it in series with the factory cooler, as I have seen most do. I decided on the B&M 70268. Dimensions are 11 x 7-1/4 x 3/4. I think this will fit, I will do some eyeballing to be sure though. If anyone has concerns on the size and fitment, PLEASE let me know. I'll be purchasing in a day or two. I can go with the 70255 that measures out to 11 x 5 3/4 x 3/4 and still be fine I believe.

2. Aug 29, 2015 at 10:34 PM
    JJ04TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    04 White DC/TRD
    Fox 2.5 RR front, 2.0 RR rear from AccuTune Offroad, OME Dakar Leafs, Camburg Uniball UCA's, CBI Offroad Bolt on Sliders w/kickout, Scangauge II Uniden Bearcat 880 w/ 3' Firestick on CBI antenna mount B&M Trans Cooler
    Figured it out, installed and working wonders. Used medium cooler. Most of my time was spent perfecting placement and figuring the routing for hoses. I may do a write up.

3. Nov 1, 2015 at 5:30 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    All toyota[​IMG] RWD, rear line is return line from cooler

4. Nov 1, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    JJ04TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    04 White DC/TRD
    Thank you, this will help someone doing some digging. I found a tip that helped me out, just to be extra sure.

Start the car put it in drive. Hold the brakes and slightly rev the engine for a minute. Shut off the car. The warm line is the return line.

Trans cooler is working extremely well.

Products Discussed in

To Top