1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATV suggestions

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by Reaver, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Reaver

Reaver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    Hiya, I'm a poor college student that grew up riding four-wheelers and now I miss them terribly and want to get one! Main problem is the budget, but I also want to get my girlfriend into it. I just can't decide if I want to get one of the larger ones and have her sit on the back or get two smaller ones. The last four-wheeler I had was the honda 250EX and I loved it but I knew it didn't have shit for power. Anyways, my question to you is, would you rather go with a larger ATV and throw your woman on the back or get two smaller ones, for each of you. If you think I should go with a larger one then throw a suggestion at me, if you think I should go with two smaller ones throw a suggestion at me, also throw some prices. Is this 2007 Honda 250EX for $2300 a good deal or do you think I could do better, if I was going to go the route of getting smaller four-wheelers. I'm looking to spend like at most $4k but if I could somehow manage $3k that would be fantastic.

Edit: I should add what type of riding, I grew up with mostly riding in the woods, river crossing and a little mudding, not much though. I think that's the similar type we'd be into, the 4x4 isn't essential I'm sure we'll have fun either way.

2. RCBS

RCBS Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    06 Main Runner OR
    IMO, you ain't gonna get much for $1500/quad if you buy two. 4k is just enough to buy one that isn't beat to hell. I don't personally condone riding tandem with the exception of the newer "two up" designs. If you lose it, both people end up hurt. Unfortunately they cost a kings ransom. Maybe an older used rhino? Don't know if you'll find one that cheap though.

3. Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    You shouldn't have a problem picking up an older 300, like a fourtrax for at or under 3,000. Keep your eye out, deals come up. If you're willing to go to something like a 250, the Honda Recons used to sell for about 3,500 brand new so finding one used would be in your range. They're kind of small for 2 up riding though. I did a quick check, a local dealer around me has a 2004 Eiger 400 4x4 for 3,300 to give you a rough price point.

4. Reaver

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    Do any of those 4x4 you mentioned fit in the back of a 1995 ext cab 4x4 tacoma?

5. SaraLynn44

SaraLynn44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sara Lynn
    Fresno CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Engage Long Travel Deaver's 2 10" Kicker subs Fuel Rims Nitto Tires
    I wouldnt buy a pos 250ex you could get two used 250r's for a decent price and they would last you way longer buy her a blaster if shes a beginner and get yourself a 450

6. Reaver

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    yes that would be ideal but not within 4k : p

To Top