1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audew 2000A Jump Boost pack

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Sandman614, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Dec 2, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    msgs350

msgs350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma OR Cement DCSB 4x4 AT
    Some Mods
    I bought one of these during Primeday 2020 and got a dud, so its going back.

I charged it up to 100% and had it stored in the case in my garage. I went to use it on Sunday because my Tacoma needed a jump (battery drained due to lights being left on overnight), the boost pack showed 99%, I put the clamps on, tried to start the truck and the boost pack went down to 0% and wouldn't start the truck. Good thing i wasn't stranded anywhere remote.

My battery is original 2020 with 9k miles and and it started up just fine with jumper cables.

Spare Parts and Sandman614[OP] like this.
  2. Dec 2, 2020 at 4:21 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 [OP] Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Hmm, doesn't look like Amazon has this one available anymore. Yea, I'm gonna send it back too.

Screenshot_20201202-192117.jpg

3. Dec 3, 2020 at 4:53 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport

Wow, that's crap and gives me even less faith in the other cheap Amazon option that I purchased...

4. Dec 12, 2020 at 5:31 AM
    SigSense

SigSense Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    Last year I bought the Audew and have used it to start various vehicles, none that had anything larger than a V-6. It has always performed well with no issues. In doing my research on the best jump starters I watched this video to get ideas for purchase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA&list=PLjT3B9r2z3fUGTsmTmU76zbWu2YUdlBwf&index=3&t=603s

I also have owned a Microstart for about four years, and it continues good performance. They're made by a company called Antigravity Batteries:

https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/micro-starts/xp-1/

Spare Parts likes this.
  5. Dec 12, 2020 at 5:34 PM
    Waasheem

Waasheem The catholic radio bear

Member:
    First Name:
    Waasheem
    Vehicle:
    2007 xrunner
    These are definitely the way to go. I went with the Rezervo brand, about $130 on Amazon. I also had got a antigravity lithium jumper pack years ago.

I had a vehicle that showed 4v, cleaned terminals and posts, connected the antigravity, measured 75a with my amp clamp, failed to start. Same test with the rezervo, measured 232a, fired up like it had a new battery in it.

Even though it doesn't need to be plugged in to charge, I always connect it to a running vehicle to charge it up just before use so I'm not putting additional strain on a already weakened battery.

Another really good option is the Clore jnc660, close to the same price as the rezervo. I almost got it, then the rezervo came out. I see this one often being used by others. I think they have a one time free or cheap battery replacement through Clore. Downside it's heavy as a car battery.

6. Jul 6, 2021 at 8:16 PM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Since you bumped this thread I thought I'd check on Amazon and see if this jumper pack is available. Nope, the original link doesn't work and I don't see it listed when searching for "Audew Jump starter". So it looks like Amazon thought they were crap too(got too many returns I assume).

Other brands to include non-name brand ones mentioned in this thread and the Project Farm video are still available on Amazon.

Autman123[QUOTED], Pablo8 and msgs350 like this.
  7. Jul 6, 2021 at 8:23 PM
    msgs350

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Some Mods
    welcome and nice first post to promote this charger, but I won’t trust it. I bought one, went to use it for the first time (within months of buying it, had it stored in my garage) and found it didn’t work.

The warranty sounds nice and all, but I want something I can depend on. If it’s a good jump pack, it could pay for itself after 1 use.

the NOCO I bought has worked flawlessly more than a few times so far.

Autman123[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jul 6, 2021 at 8:28 PM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    I bought a 2nd "other brand" during this years prime day to keep in the wife's car. If it can't live in a car and still work then there is no point to these. Where do jumper cables live, not hanging on the wall in the garage, kinda hard to use them there when needed. I trust my other brand ones, kinda important to be able to trust this product.

I'm not pushing any brand, just giving my experience with one that a "trusted youtuber" advertised as the "best" under his testing.

CowboyTaco and Autman123 like this.
  9. Jul 6, 2021 at 8:30 PM
    msgs350

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Some Mods
    I wasn’t replying to you…completely agree with you, if these can’t live in a car and be reliable, they are worthless with/without a warranty.

CowboyTaco and Autman123 like this.
  10. Jul 6, 2021 at 8:31 PM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    I know, but I was replying to you. We're on the same page

Autman123 likes this.
  11. Jul 7, 2021 at 5:47 AM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    Looks like someones account went bye bye.. Just like audews product, weird.

Pablo8 likes this.
  12. Jul 7, 2021 at 5:50 AM
    Pablo8

Pablo8 Here!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Everson WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Sport 4X4 MT AC
    OVT, 4.88, ADM, F&R ARB lock, KO2's, RWD L MOD
    Straight up SPAM.

I have been happy with my two NOCO products.

13. Jul 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM
    Waasheem

Member:
    First Name:
    Waasheem
    Vehicle:
    2007 xrunner
    I decided to pick up a noco gb70, a battery supplier had them for sale and gave me a great price since I give them lots of business. The couple times I've used it it worked great. I haven't measured the amperage yet.

The reservo works but it's finicky. It works best if I charge it with a running vehicle just before use. If too much time passes before I hook it up, it doesn't charge very well with a low battery. I need something that works every time.

Pablo8 likes this.
  14. Jul 7, 2021 at 7:55 AM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    Is that the Capacitor one, nifty idea for sure, but I'm not 100% on them.

15. Jul 7, 2021 at 4:07 PM
    Waasheem

Member:
    First Name:
    Waasheem
    Vehicle:
    2007 xrunner
    Rezervo is a capacitor type. When it works, it works very well. They claim you connect it to a dead battery, it charges up on what's left in the battery, push the on button and start. I tried this method, after 5 minutes or so it wouldn't charge anymore, made it to 80% or so. If I fully charge it with a running vehicle, it charges is less than 90 seconds. Then if I can get it connected to the dead battery within a minute, it'll be at around 90% Then it just needs a few seconds to top off the charge, then it fires up, most of the time.

16. Jul 31, 2021 at 4:11 PM
    mrkabc

mrkabc Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    I bought the 1500a Audew in April 2019. It lives in the trunk of my Nissan Altima. That Altima (2018, since replaced) had a crap battery from the factory and would routinely cough out if you left the accessory or the radio on. The Audew bailed me out quite a few times and started the car with about a 99% to 94% hit in capacity according to the readout. Charging it gets it to 100% but then it drops to 99% and pretty much stays there. After leaving it in the trunk without use for over 6 months it still reported 99% and was able to start my Mustang.

That being said, the Audew that you guys have appears to be different than mine. I don't have USB C capacity and my readout is LCD, not LED. Maybe different brands of Harbor Freight suppliers?

17. Apr 15, 2024 at 5:01 PM
    TACO in SC

TACO in SC TuRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Greenwood, SC
    Vehicle:
    '03 Tacoma Ex Cab 4x4 V6 5-Speed
    Pretty well stock
    I have the same Audew unit as the OP. This morning it failed to start my truck with a dead battery. It showed 87% charge and even after charging it 100% it isn't working. The blue plug connector with the cables fails to light up either the red or green light. It seems that is what's not functioning correctly.
    Not long after purchase a few years ago I used it to start someone's car in a restaurant parking lot. I've not used it since, but now that I need it, it isn't working.
    :mad:
    I don't need responses, just venting.

Pablo8 likes this.
To Top