1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

audio gurus-i need help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by madcatter, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    madcatter

madcatter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    western pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    jl audio stealthbox jl audio slash g2-500/1v2 good year dura-tracs jl audio g-class 50wattX2amp mb quart 5 1/4" rear matted mb quart 6.5 comp.set lotsa dynamat 4ga amp kit 16 gauge wire kit control knob on dash pioneer avic-x910bt in dash navigation dvd playback sirus tuner/bus interface built in blue tooth toyota environmental package leaf tsb weather tech floor liners yellow wire mod gray wire mod compartment bed lights added tie down d rings
    i am looking for suggestions on what i should do.
    i started with a stock system,first and only thing so far is i installed a jl audio stealthbox and a jl audio amp for the box,.my plan now is to only add front speaker upgrade and also a amp for those front speakers.
    who makes a speaker that is a better high end sound with the treble and mid range.i aint worried about bass now the stealth box is in.i was thinking a 80 watt amp or 100 watt would be fine pushing just the front speakers.
    i really dont know shit about stereo builds.all i know is i need more power in the front and more high end sound to work with the big amp in the rear.
    i imagine i would only ned a 2 channel amp for the front speakers,the rears wont be a issue when the rock starts playin,so i figure i can get a good quality amp and speeaker other than changeing all 4 door speakers and a 4 channels amp.
    am i on the right path of a plan???
    any speaker recommendations on what i should be looking for,must have a high treble tone ability

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    DaytonLax14

DaytonLax14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    98 extended cab TRD Off Road
    Have you replaced your head unit yet? if you haven't, I'd do that first.

Also, are you wanting to buy coaxials or component speakers?

3. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    madcatter

Member:
    western pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    jl audio stealthbox jl audio slash g2-500/1v2 good year dura-tracs jl audio g-class 50wattX2amp mb quart 5 1/4" rear matted mb quart 6.5 comp.set lotsa dynamat 4ga amp kit 16 gauge wire kit control knob on dash pioneer avic-x910bt in dash navigation dvd playback sirus tuner/bus interface built in blue tooth toyota environmental package leaf tsb weather tech floor liners yellow wire mod gray wire mod compartment bed lights added tie down d rings
    i beleive the head unit is fine,if i add a amp that will increase the output,all the head unit does is tune radio etc.
    i actually like the head unit--i can turn it to max and no distortion .sounds good just not loud enough.
    i guess i have to go to a best buy or something and listen to speakers.thats probably the best way

4. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Just look around online. I put Kenwood 6.5 in the rear and Pioneer 6X9 in the front. With a new head unit. Sound is sweet.

So look around get a feel for what ya want then just DO IT.

5. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    madcatter

Member:
    western pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    these are the speaker i am interested in
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=128
    i dont know what the stuff means like---60 watt continous power handeling or the efficiently.since i like the big ass stealth box and jl amp in the back i guess i will run them up front in the front doors.to use these speakers what size amp should i get???

6. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Really dont need an amp with those size speakers. You can but it all depends on the sound you want. What kind of sound u looking for?

7. Feb 24, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    madcatter

Member:
    western pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    ya thats the way it is now---retarded.i knew that going in but thier stuff is pricey--looking for the next step,must have highs cause the bass will be coming from the rear.looking at cruthfeilds site the jl front speakers may also be to bassy,i may go with the infinitys
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086032SI/Infinity-Reference-6032si.html?tp=105
    watching some of the videos on crutchfeild site is helping.

these may produce some big highs also
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_065SC65/Boston-Acoustics-SC65.html?tp=105
    i have about 800 for just the amp/front speaker and wirekit.+install charge
    this amp seems good,the rms is slightly higher than what the speaker is rated for
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136G2250/JL-Audio-G-Series-G2250.html?tp=115

these seem to have the mhz high---
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_107MM6501/Polk-Audio-MM6501.html?tp=105

8. Feb 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    madcatter

Member:
    western pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    8 weeks till i pruchase.

Products Discussed in

To Top