1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Zerogravity886, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Jun 28, 2016 at 12:06 AM
    Zerogravity886

Zerogravity886 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD SR5
    im looking around for a high end 3 way component system that has the two 6x9, two tweeters, and the two 6x5. If anyone knows of any high end systems with these let me know!

2. Jun 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    Zac of all trades

Zac of all trades FWP Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    fwpfab.com
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Locked DCLB
    886/5100s/AAL/UCAs/360 armor/RTT/295 17s
    Hybrid audio

Are you looking for a whole kit or are you looking for some good speakers?

3. Jun 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM
    Zerogravity886

Zerogravity886 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD SR5
    Whole kit would work good if it's higher end but seperate speakers that can be used with crossovers and such would work fine. (Not to experienced with audio)

4. Jun 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM
    Zac of all trades

Zac of all trades FWP Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    fwpfab.com
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Locked DCLB
    886/5100s/AAL/UCAs/360 armor/RTT/295 17s
    Ok so everyone is going to ask you what you intend to get out of your sound.

Do you want to set up a front stage?
    This requires replacing front door speakers with quality speakers, getting an amp to power them, and i recommend getting a sound processor/active crossovers. This gets expensive and requires alot of time. (I just went through this in my truck and it sounds awesome! Check out my audio build link in my signature.)
    http://audiointensity.com/collections/stage-3-unity/products/hybrid-audio-unity-u69

Do you just want a better sound?
    You can do this with a component speaker set that comes with and uses passive crossovers. Speakers will be cheaper, you will still need an amp, but the sound will be better. Most people will step down to a 6.5" component speaker set.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Alpine-SPR...46050&sr=1-1&keywords=alpine+type+r+component

If you have something specific that would help get you started and better advice along the way. Also price points will help with product suggestion when purchasing items.

Key things to keep in mind...

-go to cartoys and listen to the speakers they have in their sound rooms. This will help you find out what your personal taste in sound is and what speakers you like.
    -find the speakers you want first! then find an amp that will meet the speakers requirements. Returning stuff sucks!
    -door speakers.. this is typically where you want to spend the most money, these speakers need to sound 'clean' when loud so they are not drowned out by other speakers. (subs or tweeters)

I can go on forever but i will leave you with this. After you pick out your speakers, if you need help finding an amp hit me up.

Products Discussed in

To Top