1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio installation items

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rb11701, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 [OP] Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Hey, what kind of RCA's are you guys using? Speaker Wire? Power Wire?

I am starting an audio build. Very simple. And trying to stay cheap. OEM integration is going to be done most likely with a Audiocontrol LC6i.

I am wondering what everyone's got for installation items? I will be running 1 (and maybe 2 in the future) Rockford Fosgate Punch 60.2's. It will be driving a set of Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components. I have a 1M set of RCA cables from the old '97.

Also, does the expensive RCA's do more than thge cheaper ones? The set I have was a real nice set back in the late 90's. 1M isn't going to get me far. I thought about running my connections to the LC6' from the HU to the rear drivers side seat compartment. Then I can mount the amp under my seat and the 1M should reach. Not sure if a longer RCA cable is better than a longer 18GA wire. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top