1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio/Stereo issues! Please help :(

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by Anthonyg31, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Apr 15, 2019 at 10:57 PM
    Anthonyg31

Anthonyg31 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Hi there. I have own my 16’ Tacoma since December of 2015. I had no issues what’s so ever! Just last year i had an issue where my Infotainment system would randomly restart multiple times! I Was really annoyed, but eventually it stopped! Now a year later, i am no sure if its infotainment system or speakers! It started off like this.. when I first turned on my truck i get no sound of music, not from AM/FM/BLUETOOTH/USB, nothing!! no music plays whats so ever! In like the first 10 minutes of driving! Then eventually it starts playing static noises like if it wants to play music! Then eventually it plays music with clear sound! No static whats so ever! Couple days pass it’s bad now! When i start the truck its no sound! Then all i get is static noises! Really bad static noises! But i get no sound of music!! I Mute the volume and the static noises is still there! Even when I turn off the truck and pull out the key it plays the static noises! Not sure what i can do! I’m hoping someone can help me please! Before i take it to the dealership and charge me expensive for something that could be small that i could fix myself! :(

2. Apr 15, 2019 at 11:00 PM
    methodtim

methodtim I eat a lot of salsa

Member:
    First Name:
    Umm... really?
    California
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Off-Road DCLB
    Aftermarket radio knobs, woot!
    This sounds like a bad head unit and/or loose connector since it’s happening on all speakers vs. just one. If you’re comfortable taking apart your dash, remove the head unit and re-seat all the connectors to see if that makes things better.

I’ve had OEM head units give out on other cars before. My bmw had the same thing you described here. Dealership replaced it.

Products Discussed in

To Top