1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audiophiles...I need your help.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by evilcorvette, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Nov 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM
    evilcorvette

evilcorvette [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    oderus urungus
    Syracuse NY
    Gents, one of the few things that brings true bliss to my rotted soul nowadays is my vast collection of industrial/EBM/cyber music...while jamming out in my car. I upgraded the sound system in my Tacoma and have really been enjoying myself.....that was until I bought a new laptop and tried to export all my itunes to the new machine.

Long story short....all my music is now eff'd up. Ive lost files, files wont open, everything is all dicked up. Im SICK of itunes...so disgusted with how complicated they have made the product that I am now searching for an alternative. (Ive been dicking with my ipod and itunes for almost a week now, spent 40 bucks on a recovery program, had a IT buddy of mine look at and its still a mess)

Here is the question I pose to you: is there another viable MP3 player on the market? Ive been using ipods for SO long that Im not even aware of whats out there thats current. I want something that I can plug right into my car and control from the device (like a ipod, NOT just a memory stick) It also needs to be portable so I can work out with it and take it to the field with me.

Thanks in advance for the input.....Ive lost or otherwise scrambled about 10 years of music here, Im kinda pissed.

2. Nov 29, 2016 at 7:06 PM
    Silverspool

Silverspool Come at me Bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    18T4RORP 16MX5Turbskie 17GT350
    Anyone seen my wallet?
    Is ur phone not able to function as a music player also? How much of an audiophile are you? Truck has a BT headunit? Need a FLAC player?

3. Nov 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM
    EasyLivin

EasyLivin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Euless, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 White TRD OffRoad Double Cab
    Focal PS165AC / Focal PS165V / Alpine PDR V75 / Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1000F / Leer 100XR shell / Bilstein 5100 lift
    If you have the Entune head unit with a USB Aux jack, you can download your music to USB stick and play it off that. Use ITunes to rip your CDs if necessary to.wav or .mp4 files and it will work. Just won't play FLAC or Apple Lossless.

4. Nov 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM
    evilcorvette

evilcorvette [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    oderus urungus
    Syracuse NY
    Im probably just a few steps above a casual music listener. My main issue isnt so much with the hardware in the vehicle, but finding an alternate to itunes/ipods/iphones. Im looking for something that can do everything an ipod can....(car, gym, field) and not be dependent on itunes programming.

I lost over 2,000 songs when I transferred from my old computer to my new machine...I want to avoid that ever happening again. (Dont even get me started on windows 10...)

5. Nov 29, 2016 at 7:57 PM
    Silverspool

Silverspool Come at me Bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    18T4RORP 16MX5Turbskie 17GT350
    Anyone seen my wallet?
    Everything an ipod can will be tough considering its just a few features from being a phone.

Really theres not much, between an adroid based mini tablet or phone used just on wifi for music/apps or a lossless/flac player, everything is a basic mp3 player with a file manager on it.

Something like this is ur best bet if ur an audiophile but i dont know how well it will integrate to the car

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016...lac+player&dpPl=1&dpID=41C7DI1fCDL&ref=plSrch

6. Nov 29, 2016 at 8:09 PM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    Switched out from an iphone to a Galaxy S7 (not the explody kind) back in March and I'll never go back to any iProducts again.

Multiple simple music playing apps, super easy to import files (Dropbox or Bluetooth dump or USB to a desktop, etc.) and best of all I have a 125GB SD card that is simple to insert that was only 50 bucks on Amazon.

I've got about 13gigs of just music on this thing and it's awesome.

First major mod I did on my truck was to yank out the OEM craptastic deck and put a 6.2" touchscreen in that had all the bells and whistles. I love driving and listening to music and going from 17watts to 80 even on the stock speakers made a pretty noticeable difference. I just use Bluetooth to hook up and it's UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ time!

TL;DR version of this story: my phone is awesome and apple can suck it.

Products Discussed in

To Top