1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Anything (Gen 3 buyers beware) :(

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by TheyCallMeBruce84, May 1, 2018.

1. May 1, 2018 at 1:36 AM
    TheyCallMeBruce84

TheyCallMeBruce84 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited CrewMax Barcelona Red
    044BAF4C-A59B-49FD-B01C-38D6EE2C8B34.jpg I recently purchased a Westin bed mat from Auto Anything website for my 2017 DCLB.

They sent me Westin part number 50-6215, clearly marked as applicable to only Gen 2 (2005-'14) trucks.

The correct part number for a Gen 3 Taco is: 50-6315

I called and spoke for 30+ mins explaining to them that they sent the WRONG part for my Gen 3 truck. They requested I send pics, which i did. The difference is the Gen 2 mat isn't notched for the D-ring/tie down points.

They didn't offer to return the item. They didn't offer to issue a refund or even a partial refund. Their reply is attached...telling me to cut the mat!?!?

Their website still shows this mat (50-6215) is applicable to a Gen 3 even the pics shows it is notched for the D-rings but it is NOT NOTCHED. Bait and Switch? False advertising?

http://www.autoanything.com/truck-bed-liners/westin-truck-bed-mat

The worst part in all of this is that I found the CORRECT part number for my Gen 3 truck from another supplier, for $20 less. Live and learn (and do better research prior to purchase) I suppose.

2. May 1, 2018 at 2:06 AM
    jprovencher8

jprovencher8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Why not just return it?

To Top