1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Door Locks

Discussion in 'New Members' started by RFraske, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Nov 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM
    RFraske

RFraske [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    Fog lights on with prk lite,hood deflector,vent visors,interior footwell courtesy lights,mirror turn signals,tonneau cover,bed lights
    I have a 09 Dbl cab which I would like to have the electric doors locks automatically lock when the vehicle's ignition is activated or the shift selector is placed in drive. From reading previous posts the 08/09 models don't offer reprogramming the key fob to achieve this. Has anyone done a mod to achieve this or knows if it can even be done?

2. Nov 5, 2008 at 7:32 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Great question!! :popcorn:

3. Nov 5, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I have a viper alarm to do that havent seen it done other than an alarm though.

4. Dec 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    I have the toyota alarm and was told I couldnt do it.Must be a work around,any ideas?

5. Dec 7, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Yep. Aftermarket. My python 991 I just had installed does this. Locks the doors when you start it, unlocks them when you kill it.

Products Discussed in

To Top