1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Transmission noise ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by davatk, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Nov 13, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    davatk

davatk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Sport Long Bed
    Tube Steps, Hood Deflector, ScanGauage, GPS
    Hello all. I will be taking my truck to the dealer to have them listen to a noise I have that seems to be coming from the transmission. More specifically, when the engine downshifts, when coming up to a stop sign or just slowing down to a near stop, I hear a slight siren like noise when it downshifts into the lower gears. Not a big deal, as most transmissions seem to do that, some mfg's trans seem to do it more than others. However, I also notice the same noise - but a bit louder and more constant) when going slow (around 20mph) on a relatively flat, or slightly descending grade. Kinda sounds like the noise you hear when you go fast in reverse.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this in their Tacoma, and if so what might be the cause.

Thanks in advance,

2. Nov 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM
    hate2work

hate2work Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    06 standard cab
    There was another thread about this tranny noise, I remember that others heard something like you.

Mine makes a similar sound, but it's not that noticable. I switched my ATF to Amsoil, that seemed to help mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top