1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aux port

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bcampbell, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    bcampbell

bcampbell [OP] New Member

Member:
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    I just installed a new Alpine HU with ipod cable and they told me that the Aux port is no longer connected, becouse it's not needed. Can I use this port for something else? or should I just leave it? Any ideas?

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    Taxachusetts
    Vehicle:
    10 Access TRD Off Road
    I had an Alpine installed. I also wanted the aux jack to function but was told that the jack had a small circuit board on it. They would have to replace the original with a modified jack. I told 'em, "Skip it". I only wanted it if it remained OEM. I'll never use it anyway but, do have access to an aux in the glove box. Is the circuit board story true? Don't know.

3. Apr 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    If you got an Ipod cable then why would you want to use the Aux port?

The manufacturers shouldn't even put Auxillary ports in cars anymore. USB ports are the only ports that should be installed.

4. Apr 6, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Because you can.
    I also have an alpine unit (w505). The iPod cable goes into both an aux port and a USB port so it's either you have an iPod hooked up or u can have both an aux and USB port but not all 3. So I ended up getting an alpine iPod cable to hook up all 3 and got a USB cigarette replacement plug from mp3car.com and I'm probably going to have to modify the aux cable. My truck comes in next week from the dealer ( I just bought it) so I'll let u know how it works out.

5. Apr 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Audio quality the Aux port is sub par at best. Why waste the time.

6. Apr 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    ^ Because it gives you one more option. The aux port is great for hooking up a police scanner or handheld cb as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top