1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Awesome whitetail experience today

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tacoma2g, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Oct 21, 2018 at 4:12 PM
    tacoma2g

tacoma2g [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB
    To start off, I live in Mercer County, Ohio. 2 tags, one for antlered, one anterless. Shot a nice doe last Sunday at 8:20am, shot a nice buck this morning at 8:21am, so I tagged out!

Now the story...

Last week, I heard a doe grunt, so I grunted back. 10 seconds later she ran right under me and shot her.

This week, I heard a fight going on in the SE corner of the woods I hunt. I sit in the NE. So, I grunted, as loud as I could to get their attention. 30 seconds later it sounded like 2 damn cars driving through the woods, taking out every branch on the way... they each came sprinting to me. One came from behind my stand, one in front. Couldn’t see the antlers on the big guy in front, and I even grunted a couple times slightly to get him to come closer.

Then, the basket 6 came from the side, sprinting again, stops beneath me and shot him. It was more of an overhead shot, through a lung and into his heart.

Unreal experience today and last week, both with using different grunt calls. Last few years I never used calls. Not it’s a staple in my bag. Both instances, the deer came right beneath me. I also use the “fresh earth” dryer sheets in my clothes tub.

Thing is, I shot the 6 pointer. Good buck, good meat... but, the other buck turned out to be a dense 12. He actually came to investigate what happened and turned broadside and looked like he should be in a magazine. I know my father-in-law will be sitting in my stand the rest of the year!

Now the question:

Anyone have European mount tips?

124EE0CE-0406-4F2F-B8E4-49928D3CD7F7.jpg

2. Oct 21, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    KevinTaco98

KevinTaco98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    1997 3.4L Tacoma
    None yet :D
    Awesome story. Shame about “the one that got away”. Deer are going into rut here in nj soonish or are starting already so happy hunting !

wilcam47 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top