1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Axle wrap

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tcweller, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Mar 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    tcweller

tcweller [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Silver Tacoma
    New Tacoma owner and first time poster here. Using the excellent advice found here, I've determined that my new-to-me 2003 2WD PreRunner almost certainly has axle wrap. I enjoyed reading about the different solutions to this annoying problem, but realistically I'm not ready to tackle it myself. So I was hoping that someone in the Austin area, who has already solved their axle wrap problem, could refer me to the mechanic who helped them. Feel free to point me toward anyone who has solved this issue before, even if they are not necessarily a "big operation." Thanks in advance!

2. Mar 8, 2016 at 10:37 PM
    Admiral Awesome

Admiral Awesome IG:Bucklaooooo

Member:
    First Name:
    anthony
    Houston Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD LT
    Camburg 3in LT kit fox shocks/bypasses 315-75-16 Scs f5 wheels gunmetal 16x8 Prinsu rack 40in heretic light bar Cali raised ditch light Baja squadron pros McNeil fiberglass fenders Adv fiberglass bedsides Volant intake
  3. Mar 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM
    tcweller

tcweller [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Silver Tacoma
    Thanks, but I already read that thread (and many others) before I posted. I didn't ask for potential solutions for axle wrap. I'd like to find a mechanic who has experience with this particular problem. And while I can appreciate that most of the potential solutions aren't rocket science, I'd feel most comfortable with someone who can look at the actual truck and look at the range of options then do the actual work to fix it.

I've already tried a couple random mechanics from yelp and they seemed kind of baffled by the "thunk." I see soo many 1st gen Tacomas around town, and this seems like a pretty common problem. I'd expect that there is someone around here who has dealt with this before.

So again, thanks in advance for a couple names of mechanics in Austin who have experience with this issue!

4. Mar 12, 2016 at 9:12 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I do mechanic. Let me know when you've got some time. I'm out in Leander for another week, then moving to Lago Vista. You can PM me your contact info if you want.
    Chris

Products Discussed in

To Top