1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Axxess ASWC SWC control module questions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BigCountry762x39, May 8, 2023.

1. May 8, 2023 at 10:20 AM
    BigCountry762x39

BigCountry762x39 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TL
    PNW, Oregon!
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma, with the cool white paint peel
    Arb Deluxe bull bar Front Bumper Ironman4x4 12k winch synth line AFE Intake OME 2.75in Dakar Leaf springs (R) Fox 2.0 bypass shocks (R) Bilstein 6112 (F) 33's on KMC wheels off road lighting comfort mods Redrock HD roof rack Retevis rt95 Radio Slotted Rotors and HD pads
    Okay, did a little reading, did a little searching, and recently installed a Kenwood head unit in my Tacoma, and didn't get to the SWC side of things because I didn't have the splices that I like to use. anyone smarter than I am know what to wire up? found a few videos, seems like its just 4 of the wires, but I've never wired-up controls other than adding OEM controls.

from what I'm reading do I really need just this?

Black to a ground
    Red to accessory power
    Kenwood or select JVC with steering wheel control wire: Connect the Blue/Yellow wire to the Brown wire.

that is where I got hung up. looks like there are 3 wires on the stock connector I need to tap into

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter Connects your car's steering wheel audio controls to select aftermarket car stereos at Crutchfield

oh, and probably should mention that its going into a 2009 Tacoma double cab non JBL with just the left side controls.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  2. May 8, 2023 at 10:35 AM
    destin_meeks

destin_meeks I used to fix people's crappy stereos

Member:
    First Name:
    Destin
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    2017 SSM DoubleCab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    It’s just a few easy splices. Do a military splice and call it a day.

BigCountry762x39[OP] likes this.
  3. May 8, 2023 at 11:18 AM
    BigCountry762x39

BigCountry762x39 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TL
    PNW, Oregon!
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma, with the cool white paint peel
    Arb Deluxe bull bar Front Bumper Ironman4x4 12k winch synth line AFE Intake OME 2.75in Dakar Leaf springs (R) Fox 2.0 bypass shocks (R) Bilstein 6112 (F) 33's on KMC wheels off road lighting comfort mods Redrock HD roof rack Retevis rt95 Radio Slotted Rotors and HD pads
    that I get. I like the T taps with the spade terminal for quick replacement and removal for when they go bad, or if I remove things later.

Products Discussed in

To Top