1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Axxess ASWC

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by PVT Pablo, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM
    shaneckc

shaneckc Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    I've heard of cases where users had to manually program the buttons on this, rather than using auto programming. Can be a bit of a tedious process, but at least you can program the buttons to do exactly what you prefer.

2. Jan 10, 2015 at 12:15 PM
    Joe Cook

Joe Cook Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Southeastern Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD Sport DCLB
    AVH4000NEX, JL 500/5, Hybrid Audio components, JL 10TW3, Raam Audio sound deadening Access Lorado tonneau cover, Heated mirror mod
    It's funny, I tested everything out today and it seems as tho the ASWC-1 won't recognize anything connected to the gray/blue wire, even tho I metered it out and the back button is recognized at the AWSC-1 harness. I decided to program it manually and set the Band/ESC button as the down button, since I don't generally use down for anything (had to press and hold volume up for about a second, until the LED came on, in order to skip the options I didn't want to use). I put everything back together and the regular Back button is all of a sudden working. I have a feeling the ASWC-1 is a little quirky. Oh well, at least the important stuff is working.

3. Dec 2, 2018 at 8:13 PM
    Smiley174

Smiley174 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma EXT CAB
    I had a lot of troubles with my AWSC 1. I finally got it to work through trail and error. I hope this helps anyone who is having troubles with theirs.
    1. Connect ground to frame.
    2. Connect same ground wire to Red/White wire. (Gen 2 Tacoma. I don't know if its the same for next Gen).
    3. Connect Purple/white wire to Green/Orange.
    4. Connect Yellow wire to Green/Black.
    5. I had to solder my red wire to 12v because they said it could cause interference it its not. (I tried to without it and it wouldn't work right).
    5. I had to cut part of the plastic spacer for the 3.5mm Jack, on my pioneerbecause the Jack wasn't able to go in far enough.

Once I did all of these things I reset the device and it wouldn't connect to the right radio. So i went to the updater and wrote to the device that it was a pioneer. When I plugged it back into my truck it wasn't working. So then I reset it one more time. Once I reset it, it read all of the right buttons.

I hope this helps anyone who is having troubles with theirs. I had so much trouble with mine, but i'm glad i got mine to work.

4. Nov 17, 2020 at 2:24 PM
    Max1588

Max1588 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Mount Pleasant, TX
    Vehicle:
    15 4X4 V6 SR5
    Lots
    Just installed a Sony head unit, with the axxcess steering wheel module, and everything is working except the hang up and answer bluetooth buttons. I e done the auto and the manual program and have done the auto and then push the hang up/answer button for 3 secs, and the light never turns off. It acts like it doesn’t recognize those 2 buttons. However my command/voice button works with Siri. I’m starting to think my head unit may not accept Bluetooth steering wheel buttons?? It’s a Bluetooth unit. Any help would be great, and it’s a 2015 non JBL.

Products Discussed in

To Top