1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad power window motor affecting Tweeter?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DPadilla, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    DPadilla

DPadilla [OP] New Member

Member:
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner 4.0 6-Spd
    05 Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab TRD Offroad 4.0 6-Spd TOYTEC 3" lift (884 & Alcan AAL); 265/75R16 REVO's URD STS; Flowmaster Org 40 Series; aFe CAI Demello Sliders and Utility Bed Bar
    The passenger side power window started making noise a while ago (I really don't remember when it started), but I never addressed it because the noise wasn’t that bad and the motor was still fully functional.

But I’m planning on sound deadening the doors with raammatt & ensolite (already covered the floor, roof and back wall), so I want to take care of it when I have the door panel off.

When I first got the truck back in 05, I had circuit city install an alarm and kicker components in the front and coaxials in the access doors. After about 2 years I noticed that the tweeter’s would die out at low volume, but came back when I raise the volume level. I took the truck back to circuit city and they replaced the components. After about a year, the problem returned. Having no amp and the stock HU, I chalked it up to underpowered speakers.

A few months ago I installed a Pioneer Premier DEH-P700BT. The tweeters still sometimes still die out. And now every once and a while the tweeters die out when I roll the windows down (only when the volume is already fairly low).

The plan is to sound deaden the doors, install a new e9.65i component system with eu-700’s in the access doors to be powered by a eD NINe.4.

Any idea’s on what’s going on with my truck? This was my first radio install. Everything works, hooks up to my ipod and cell. I’m planning on installing the new components and subs myself. I just wanna make sure I take care everything that needs to be addressed now that it’ll be apart.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    That is a pretty strange issue. They seem to somehow be connected, but I'm not sure what the issue is really. I'd trace the wires and seperate speaker wire from the power window wires if possible. Check where the wires go through the door, in the rubber accordian, for any kinks, shorts, or other stuff.

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    The speakers themselves only play what they are given. I'd suspect it's further up the chain (headunit).

Does this happen to all the speakers when it dies out? Or only certain ones?

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    DPadilla

DPadilla [OP] New Member

Member:
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner 4.0 6-Spd
    05 Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab TRD Offroad 4.0 6-Spd TOYTEC 3" lift (884 & Alcan AAL); 265/75R16 REVO's URD STS; Flowmaster Org 40 Series; aFe CAI Demello Sliders and Utility Bed Bar
    it's just up front, i think it may be just the tweeters. as i said, i've had the prior to installing the new radio, although i'm pretty sure the interefence from the windows going down only started after i installed the new HU

5. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    well, if it's just the front, narrow your search to common items to those speakers. I'd find it hard to believe only your two front tweeters went/go bad like that or that both crossovers are bad.

Can you post up your exact set up?

6. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    DPadilla

DPadilla [OP] New Member

Member:
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner 4.0 6-Spd
    Currently running KS 6.2 Kicker Component Sound System in the front, KS 60 Kicker Coaxial Sound System in the rear access doors. The speakers were all installed by circuit city along with a Python alarm system. This was done back in 05 and had the front components replaced some time in 07. Two months ago I installed Pioneer Premier DEH-P700BT.

I’ve never taken off the door panels. I’ll do that this weekend to see what kinda of job circuit city did when installing the speakers.

7. Jun 27, 2016 at 11:35 PM
    Truncali82

Truncali82 Truncali

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    American Outlaw Wheels, Spectre Cold Air Intake, Gibson Cat Back Exhaust, Bilstein Adjustable Struts, Spyder Halo Lamps, Kenwood Single Din Deck.
    Did you get rid of the noise from your window motor? I just purchased an 08 with a similar issue minus the speaker problem. My driver side window makes a distinct struggling electric motor sound when I roll it up.

Products Discussed in

To Top