1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bad sounds when mudding

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by mrcrw009, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Sep 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    mrcrw009

mrcrw009 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4 cyl
    i have an 09 access cab 4x4 4cyl SR5. i went mudding for the first time today and everything is good but when i go through some deep mud, i came out of it and i was turning back and forth while slowing down and there is a bad grinding sound and it feels like the front end is shaking. i did it a coople of times and it was pretty consistent. i noticed a lot of it was the anit lock brakes. but it felt like some of it was in the 4 wheel drive or something because it did it without the brakes. i was wondering if it might be the LSD or something. i'm just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

2. Sep 30, 2009 at 4:21 AM
    sriley727

sriley727 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    08 Reg cab PreRunner SR5
    Bone stock
    Its either the computer nanny kicking in and applying your brakes for you or you've got some grit or something between the pads and rotors. Pull the wheels off and rinse off your brakes.

3. Sep 30, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    *2, its crud in your brakes..mud and sand will eat rotors and calipers if left in there.:D

4. Sep 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    mrcrw009

mrcrw009 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4 cyl
    thanks for the info, ya i think some of it had to do with the mud in the brakes because after i got on the road everything worked and felt fine. another question, would the computer be kicking in if i'm sliding because im in a low gear and the wheels are turning slower that the truck is actual going

Products Discussed in

To Top